PDA

View Full Version : International shipping

Argentum
03-10-2014, 05:15 AM
Are there any of the sponsors here that would ship discus Internationally?

kkdiscus
03-10-2014, 10:50 AM
Going through custom requires paperwork. You will have hard time receiving the fish.

Argentum
03-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Going through custom requires paperwork. You will have hard time receiving the fish.

I Know someone who can do that.

I am going to Germany soon so I was thinking about buying Stendker discus from there but I don't know if they will allow me to put it with the baggage. Do you have an idea?

MKD
03-10-2014, 11:27 AM
Just water, I don't think they allow and pass airport with that much liquid. maybe just order them when you're there.

Argentum
03-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Yes I know they dont allow any liquids on the plane. What I meant is in luggage not in the cabin

trungnguyen
03-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Would your fish survive when they are in the luggage and get throwing up and down when transferring by people who work at airport?

Trung.

kkdiscus
03-10-2014, 10:07 PM
Live pet will need to be quarantine, as per what I see in most airport signage. I don't think you will get pass security check. You will need to declare and report that.

Argentum
03-11-2014, 01:37 AM
Live pet will need to be quarantine, as per what I see in most airport signage. I don't think you will get pass security check. You will need to declare and report that.

I have called the customs and checked for that. They have different rules for commercial and personal items. On passenger planes birds are restricted. Dogs and cats needs documentation when I asked about fish he told me we don't have any rules to hold on it.

On the other hand, commercial shipments requires some paper work and clearance done before importing the fish.

I know an fish importer here he is the only one importing fish in this region, I just have to find a breeder willing to ship here and he will do the paper work and will buy a good quantity.

kkdiscus
03-11-2014, 02:52 AM
Try contact DiscusForrest in this forum. :)

Elliots
03-11-2014, 07:53 AM
I once thought about bringing Discus from Florida to NYC so I investigated. It is legal to carry water on the airplane containing live fish according to the TSA but the one airline I contacted, American Airlines, would not allow it.

Nick Klimkowski
03-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Yes I know they dont allow any liquids on the plane. What I meant is in luggage not in the cabin

I think you can do that if it is in the cargo, the fish usually have to be brought to the air port in advance. I don't know the polices they have internationally however. I would try to get into contact with your air line as well as air port security in advance. Hth.

GlennR
03-11-2014, 09:50 PM
25+ years ago I carried a bag of baby discus home from Ft Lauderdale, on an airplane. Held them on my lap, just like riding a city bus. I guess that was "the good ole' days".

Argentum
03-13-2014, 08:56 AM
25+ years ago I carried a bag of baby discus home from Ft Lauderdale, on an airplane. Held them on my lap, just like riding a city bus. I guess that was "the good ole' days".

Phsyyyyyyyyyy .... Things now are soooo over complicated

ockyra215
03-13-2014, 03:34 PM
Just buy them from Hans he is their American man! Why bother with all that aggravation! But if you can get a tour of the hatchery that be awesome!

Argentum
03-14-2014, 01:14 PM
Just buy them from Hans he is their American man! Why bother with all that aggravation! But if you can get a tour of the hatchery that be awesome!

I am not in US :)