PDA

View Full Version : Wilds Crazy

Second Hand Pat
03-12-2014, 11:21 PM
I think it is cool to see so many folks trying wilds and you guys are definitely getting some nice ones. Share what you like about your wilds...color, behaviors, communication, a bit different then domestics (not knocking domestics here)...:D

Tefe male face off.
http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad95/Second_Hand_Pat/DSC_0336.jpg

zchauvin
03-12-2014, 11:30 PM
I have a argument with myself when it comes to wilds... I love the fact that it's the natural fish we were blessed to have on earth just like all the fish on reefs that are so pretty but also hate taking fish from the wild when we could have the tank bred... I am confident in myself to keep them happy and alive so I stick to wilds because they were the start and what is natural in the world, not some inbred mistake.

I had to stop working at LFS because I was tired of seeing such a pretty SW fish to have it die two days later or be sold to someone who shouldn't have so much as a beta fish..

winn0923
03-13-2014, 12:58 AM
Behavior for sure for me. I've kept both wild and domestic and nothing beat to see how the wilds communicate within their own shoal. Plus, I am not much for the bright color line bred discus, rather have something that is more real looking :)

dirtyplants
03-13-2014, 01:12 AM
I can't say I don't like the brightly colored ones, they are beautiful, but I also like the more muted colors of the wilds, I like their mood changes, their communication and their curiosity. I love them in a bio tank.

Second Hand Pat
03-13-2014, 10:50 AM
I am helping one of our international members who had a wild pair form and is currently in his first week of attachment. Here is a quote from one of his PMs

The thing that is really amazing is the strong stable bond the pair build. My domesticated pairs did quarrel quite a lot. My wild pair never ever quarrel and work in perfect shifts. So everything goes very well.

So far with the two wild pairs I have worked with who raised fry this exactly fits my observations.

DiscusLoverJeff
03-13-2014, 10:56 AM
Pat the more you post the more interested I become in finding some red wilds. Stop it!!

Just kidding. I hope someday I find the room to take a walk on the wild side again.

Second Hand Pat
03-13-2014, 10:58 AM
Jeff, be sure to NOT look at Matt's pictures of his wild reds. You will be hooked line and sinker :evilgrin:

winn0923
03-13-2014, 11:02 AM
Jeff, be sure to NOT look at Matt's pictures of his wild reds. You will be hooked line and sinker :evilgrin:

+1 LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiscusLoverJeff
03-13-2014, 11:09 AM

Too late Pat. Not only did I see them, I want to make him an offer on them, Lol.

Elliots
03-13-2014, 11:14 AM
I first had fish about 1961 but no Discus then. I was 13 and could not afford them and they did not go into a 10g tank. I just like the colors of wilds better than domestics. Some of the domestic patterns I think look terrible.

Second Hand Pat
03-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Too late Pat. Not only did I see them, I want to make him an offer on them, Lol.

Good luck with that one Jeff, I think Matt is "rehooked".

Dkings
03-14-2014, 11:03 AM
I love my wilds. The way they communicate with each other and me is fascinating. I can watch them cow hours.
I wish I could get more.

Dkings
03-14-2014, 11:04 AM
Cow! Lol. For ...