PDA

View Full Version : White spot/growth on discus

Kingin
03-14-2014, 07:18 PM
DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Did a search found others with similar but looked like a pimple spot in question dosnt look like a pimple but more like a growth.

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them?

White growth/spot nothing has changed in tank for the past year.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, <font color="#0066ff">white/yellow/green poop, hiding, <font color="#0066ff">headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, <font color="#0066ff">blisters/white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds).

Has white spot/growth no change in appetite or routine no color loss.
Had similar/smaller spot 3 months at different location on body but went away.

No other fish in tank have these spot/growth

3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried and what were the results. Include dosage and duration of treatment.

No treatment

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish.

150 gallon, 8 discus, almost 2 years, vary from 4-6"

5. Water change regime (What percentage and how often).

50% every other day, complete wipe down once a week.

6. How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it?

Bare bottom, 1 year.

7. Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the ph swing.

No age of water neutral ph, no swing

8. Parameters and water source;

<div style="margin-left:40px">Note: Water Parameters are important in diagnosing problems within a tank. If you don't own test kits for the following information, you can purchase them, test your parameters and post this info as soon as possible.<div style="margin-left:40px">

- temp __84-85___

- ph __6.9-7.0___

- ammonia reading __0__

- nitrite reading __0__

- nitrate reading __0http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/15/pe3uvegu.jpg__

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water ____

- municipal water __x__

- RO water ____

9. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently.

None

10. Include any pictures or videos you have which shows the symptoms. If you can't add them to this post, please provide a link to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcsb23
03-17-2014, 06:01 AM
Looks like a sign of dietary deficiency. Usual causes are not enough calcium, phosphorus or vitamin D in the diet.

Kingin
03-17-2014, 11:56 PM
Thanks I just received some fdbw w spinach from Al hopefully it will help with diet. I was feeding with my own beefheart mix but ran out 4 weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk