PDA

View Full Version : EHEIM Special Vaseline & water neutral maintenance spray

skie
03-17-2014, 09:50 AM
anyone have any expirence with these products and what they do ? i stumbled across them on eBay but there was no explanation of what they exactly did ... curious and anything that will help a canister filter ill look into buying. my worst fear is my tank totally draining from a leak. i would be crushed.

pcsb23
03-17-2014, 10:17 AM
No idea. One thing though, Vaseline is a registered trade mark in it's own right and is made by Unilever so anyone selling "EHEIM Special Vaseline" is likely to be stretching the truth and for me I wouldn't prod them with a barge pole :evilgrin:

skie
03-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Eheim has it. Its on the website.

pcsb23
03-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Can't find any reference to vaseline on the eheim site - they do have their maintenance spray, which is silicone based (not vaseline which is petroleum based). ... perhaps it's US only? Got a link?

skie
03-17-2014, 01:14 PM
I got to search for it again but I'll find it. I'm relatively new to SD ...how do you send a link. It says its for lubing rings and primer button on there canisters.

skie
03-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Also used on rubber seals

CliffsDiscus
03-17-2014, 01:24 PM
I use it Vaseline (petrolatum white) for tight fitting tubing and fixtures. Issue by Chesebrough-Pond's Inc. in New York.

Cliff

DiscusLoverJeff
03-17-2014, 01:26 PM
KY Jelly is safer to use from what I have read, not Vaseline.

Mariowa
03-17-2014, 03:19 PM
I use the spray on my Eheim 2080 moving part and sealing rubbers

https://www.eheim.com/en_GB/accessories/installation/maintenance_spray#description

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dirtyplants
03-17-2014, 03:44 PM
This is silicon spray not vaseline. Although KY works well for seals and rubber rings.
The EHEIM maintenance spray is silicon-based, water neutral, CFC-free, does not contain solvents or oils and is free from environmentally toxic substances. Supplied with a spray tube to reach even inaccessible areas.
For maintenance of valves, shut-off taps, hose adapters, sealing rings etc.
Also suitable for difficult to reach priming aids
Water neutral , CFC-free, does not contain solvents or oils and is free from environmentally toxic substances

skie
03-17-2014, 04:22 PM
I saw a eheim Vaseline online for about 5$. Coree do you just use the spray on both moving parts and rubbers and rings? If I commit to getting a eheim XL 2080 or a bigger commit to a 2180 I want to make sure all parts are working at 100%. I e-mailed eheim about a half hr ago to get the scoop on these hopefully helpfull effective products. Thanks for the input everyone its just a heafty price to pay and not have it preform up to its full capabilities.

Mariowa
03-18-2014, 12:22 AM
I saw a eheim Vaseline online for about 5$. Coree do you just use the spray on both moving parts and rubbers and rings? If I commit to getting a eheim XL 2080 or a bigger commit to a 2180 I want to make sure all parts are working at 100%. I e-mailed eheim about a half hr ago to get the scoop on these hopefully helpfull effective products. Thanks for the input everyone its just a heafty price to pay and not have it preform up to its full capabilities.

Please keep us updated on Ehiem answer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skie
03-18-2014, 12:56 AM
You guys will be the 1st to know what was said. But from reading some reviews on eheim customer support it could be a while.

dirtyplants
03-18-2014, 01:16 AM
Yes please let us know. I put it on rings and any where you need a secure seal under pressure where water may escape.

skie
03-29-2014, 02:45 AM
Still no word from Eheim. I'm going to call them this coming week. Will keep you guys posted !

skie
04-05-2014, 11:51 PM
No word from Eheim still. I'm going to call the this coming week.

skie
04-06-2014, 04:16 AM
***eheim doesn't have a number... this has the beginnings of a wild goose chase. If anyone wants to help me and send emails to eheim just go to eheimna and ask them about this topic.