PDA

View Full Version : Best wishes to Ryan, You'll be missed immensely... THANK YOU!!

brewmaster15
03-19-2014, 10:55 AM
Hi all,
I have some really sad news to share with you all. A person that has been one of the most important people involved in SimplyDiscus has decided to move on. This person is Ryan Smith, our webmaster and fellow founder of Simply. His life has taken him in directions that unfortunately leads away from Simply.

Ryan started SimplyDiscus with me almost 12 years ago. As an Admin and Webmaster on Simply Ryan was the one to handle much that went into how this forum looks and operates. He trouble shooted the software, implimented my crazy ideas, and kept this forum running smoothly and safely. Behind the scenes he was a person that anchored me whenever I had decisions to make. I could write volumes about what he has done here at Simply and for all of you, but I can't seem to find the words that fit this best.

Ryan probably won't like me posting like this as he is a private person, but after all he has done for Simply, Theres no way I can not. Everyone here owes this person a world of thank yous for all he has done over the last 12 years in bringing this forum to life. I can't express my thanks enough to him for all he has done. As an Admin and Webmaster here he will be missed immensly.

I've got 12 years of awesome memories Ryan, Of all the successes and happy times, and of all the BS and headaches we dealt with together on this forum. We have had some great times here, and some royally atrocious ones, we built an awesome forum thru it all....but it was definetly not a smooth ride getting to where we are today.. Simply is what is today because of the contributions of people like you. You are always part of Simply..always.

Good Luck in all you Do Ryan, I will miss your participation as Admin and webmaster here, and Hope that you stay on as a Hobbyist here. Simply is losing some of its heart and soul by your moving on, but I am sure that what ever you do and where ever you go, You will be a light there as you were here.

Thanks Partner!

Al

John_Nicholson
03-19-2014, 11:13 AM
Ryan most of the time when someone leaves it just does not really matter to me, but you my friend will be truly missed. I hope life treats you well.

-john

musicmarn1
03-19-2014, 11:17 AM
THANK YOU Ryan, for all you have done, your presence is felt by us newcomers also and these deeply moving words from Al will be echoed in part by everyone here who enjoyed the benefits of your support and knowledge. Best of Luck in everything you do in the future and hope to continue to see you enjoy the hobby here.

Second Hand Pat
03-19-2014, 11:21 AM
Ryan, while I have only known you a short time I too will miss you terribly. I will mess your mentoring and wisdom, but mostly will miss you as a person. I consider you a friend and only wish you the best in all you do.
Please take care,
Pat

Larry Bugg
03-19-2014, 11:22 AM
Ryan,

Sorry to see you go!! You certainly have my admiration and respect. I hope all goes great with where life is leading you.

pcsb23
03-19-2014, 11:26 AM
Good luck fella :)

Skip
03-19-2014, 11:27 AM
Ryan Smith, our webmaster and fellow founder of Simply. His life has taken him in directions that unfortunately leads away from Simply.

Thank you.. *slow clapping it out*
http://www.fullgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Cheers-slow-clap-best-gif.gif

discuspaul
03-19-2014, 11:30 AM
Ryan, you have been one cool head @ SD for many years. Here's wishing you all the best for the future.

Sandy Clay
03-19-2014, 11:32 AM
I am kind of new to Simply and do not recognize the name, but, I sure wish you the best of luck in all that you do :)

jmf3460
03-19-2014, 11:38 AM
Ryan, thank you for your expertise advice with my festivum cichlids, you have been an inspiration to me with all your rare and unusual cichlid tanks. Good luck to you in all that you do. I know its going to be great!

April
03-19-2014, 12:09 PM
I'll never forget you whether you are part of Simply or not. We had a lot of fun times on here. Look after yourself and concentrate on your needs and pleasures! You've done so much for everyone in your life ! You've done so much for Simply! I always read all your posts as they were always so imformative.

MKD
03-19-2014, 12:09 PM
Thank you Ryan for alll your hard works. if you 're in front of us, we'll sing "please don't go, don't go away....."
best wishes to whatever you're planning to do and turn out your way.

Nick Klimkowski
03-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Ryan, I did not really get to know you all that well, but I could tell you had a very strong passion for the hobby and the people here. Thank you for all your hard work in making the form what it is today! You will be missed.

nwehrman
03-19-2014, 01:16 PM
Best wishes Ryan

dirtyplants
03-19-2014, 01:56 PM
Good Luck Ryan, hopefully your new direction will bring you a wealth of knowledge and warmth.

joanstone
03-19-2014, 02:03 PM
Your contributions to this site will definitely be missed in a big way! Thank you.

LKSDiscus
03-19-2014, 02:05 PM
Best of luck Ryan, you will be missed.

Discusdude7
03-19-2014, 02:05 PM
Best wishes Ryan. Thanks for all you have done for the forum and also for all of your informative posts.

JOSNNGUYEN
03-19-2014, 02:26 PM
Thanks Ryan. Best wishes and hope everything will be good for you

kaceyo
03-19-2014, 02:55 PM
Ryan,
I'll always remember how much you helped me troubleshoot my ancient system when I first arrived at Simply and your "behind the scenes" pressence was strongly felt throughout the years.
Thanks for everything,

Kacey

BODYDUB
03-19-2014, 03:20 PM
He was a soldier of Rome. Honor Him.........

On a serious note. Thank you for all you did brother for helping to create a site where Discus enthusiast could come together and share their experiences.........

Ryan
03-19-2014, 04:23 PM
Thanks everyone. I don't plan to completely give up on my fish hobby, it's all that keeps me sane most of the time. I will always be tinkering with some cichlid or another.

I also plan to be around here as a member, but I just don't have the time and dedication to be a very beneficial administrator here anymore. That may or may not change in the future, but for now it seemed like the best decision. In the past when things were hectic I took a long leave of absence but I felt that was unfair to Al and the team, as I wasn't here for software upgrades, implementing features and changes, etc. Rather than do that again I decided I'd step down.

It's been a long, crazy twelve years but I have learned so much and ultimately feel a lot of pride and joy from what we've accomplished here. There have been difficult times and frustrating times but I'd like to think the knowledge we've shared and the help we've given to the hobby as a whole more than outweighs that.

Altum Nut
03-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Way too many times...a picture cannot be painted without the canvas. Now that the picture of Simply is painted you can acknowledge your accomplishment.:)
The best of luck to you Ryan with what direction you have chosen to lead.
I'm not drinking...so let me know if this makes any sense.

...Ralph

DonMD
03-19-2014, 06:06 PM
Ryan, I appreciated your help in PMs, and general advice, and you will be missed. All the best in whatever you are doing! Thanks.

blueluv
03-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Best wishes to you Ryan :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiscusLoverJeff
03-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Best of luck to you Ryan. I hope the path you have chosen brings you a lot of happiness and rewards. You did a hell of a job with this forum.

jaykne
03-19-2014, 07:32 PM
Ryan you are wise beyond your years, and will be truly missed as part of the team. Like Pat said if you do ever need anything that I can help you with, please contact me, you are and will always be a friend.

Wes
03-19-2014, 07:59 PM
Best of luck Ryan. As a member I appreciate all you have done for Simply and the discus hobby.

tonytheboss1
03-19-2014, 08:01 PM
Ryan, thanx for your time, efforts & contributions to this work of art. I did take your advice while in your town to visit St. Augustine, very nice!! Best of luck in future endeavors. "T"

Ardan
03-19-2014, 09:13 PM
Ryan,
You will be missed! Always, always, you have given level headed guidance. I will surely miss your input.
I wish you the best of luck, health and happiness. I am glad you will still be around here.

Ardan

aalbina
03-19-2014, 09:33 PM
Thank you Ryan for this forum! You will be missed - good luck!

Adam

Disgirl
03-19-2014, 09:50 PM
Thank you Ryan, we will miss you! Hope we will see you here occasionally, and good luck with your next adventure.
Barb

Chad Adams
03-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Thank You Ryan and Good Luck to you my friend!

Chad

treemanone2003
03-19-2014, 11:39 PM
Although I haven't been here long, thank you and best wishes going forward.

Darren's Discus
03-20-2014, 12:02 AM
All the best Ryan !
cheers

yim11
03-20-2014, 12:09 AM
I wish you the very best in everything you do my friend! Many Thanks for all your help.

Take care sir,
-jim

rickztahone
03-20-2014, 12:10 AM
Sad to see you go Ryan but I'm glad you are keeping your fish hobby. Being a mod isn't easy, that's for sure. Sometimes you just need a break. Maybe in the future you may find that faint beacon calling you from the horizon, that light will be SimplyDiscus :-)

forrest
03-20-2014, 01:59 AM
hi Ryan,
thank u for all in past years, hope u r still in the hobby n send Kenny or me an email if u need anything...all the best to u,friend.

best rgds,
forrest

Trac
03-20-2014, 02:31 AM
Thanks for everything Ryan, you are greatly appreciated. Best wishes.

Kenny's Discus
03-22-2014, 07:23 PM
Ryan,

Thank you for all you've done for Simply over the years. I wish you find happiness in whatever you do. Do not be a stranger my friend. Best wishes to you!

Kenny

sholvey
03-28-2014, 11:31 AM
Best of luck Ryan!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk