PDA

View Full Version : Brand names of some handy medicines for discus

ganesan
03-25-2014, 02:09 PM
I see a lot of medication in LFS and there are different companies as well. Can any one list me the best brands of medicine for Discus fish which can always come in handy so that I can keep them aside in a shelf near the tank.Some are from API, Sterazin from water life, Rid all Chinese meds, melafix etc. These days there must be as much meds as fish foods available so I am a little confused as which are very effective and which are'nt.Can some one please advice.

kkdiscus
03-25-2014, 07:47 PM
Befuran

Nick Klimkowski
03-25-2014, 07:52 PM
I would not really worry about keeping to many meds on hand, because who knows what your fish may or may not get. What I have found is clean water alway helps to prevent any problems in the first place. If something does go wrong a salt dip will fix some problems.

Elliots
03-25-2014, 09:16 PM
You live in India, most people on SD live in the USA. I have no idea what brand names of medicine are available . You should look for the chemical names of the meds in India.

John_Nicholson
03-26-2014, 08:50 AM
The absolute hands down best medicine for discus is clean water......All BS aside more discus are killed by the improper use of medicine than from disease.

-john

Chicago Discus
03-26-2014, 01:04 PM
The absolute hands down best medicine for discus is clean water......All BS aside more discus are killed by the improper use of medicine than from disease.

-john

100% agree I think we went to the same discus school...LOL..:D...Josie