PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Netherlands

Suus
03-27-2014, 03:08 AM
Hi,

My name is Suus and I've been directed to this website through another Dutch discus-keeper .'I'm the proud owner of 10 discus juvies ( two checkerboard pigeons, two blue titans, one leopard eruption, one snakeskin pigeon, two fire reds, and two red-turqoise discus) . They are about six months old now, I've purchased them back in November when they were just tiny little babies, and they seem to be doing really well. Along with my pretty discus fish I've got nine corydora sterbai cleaning up the mess my discus make, and last but not least I've got an L201, just because I think he's adorable! ( and he cleans up pretty well too)

They are currently living in a relatively small tank , the plan was to raise them to adulthood and get a bigger tank when they are fully grown, in a year or so, but they are growing so incredibly fast that the bigger tank will be purchased a lot soonerfrom than anticipated. The largest one of my fish measures aproximatly 4 inches , the smallest one ( which is actually really weird, the smallest one is a brother or sister of the big one) doesn't seem to grow well at all, he eats properly, doesn't get chased away at all ( if anything he's the one chasing away the bigger fish) , he's only 2,5 inches. Not sure if he will make it, he doesn't seem sick, he just doesn't grow properly.

Have a great day,
Suus

Suus
03-27-2014, 03:10 AM
Oh , and I forgot to mention, my grammar sucks since English isn't my first language!

Dutch dude
03-27-2014, 01:10 PM
Hi Suus,

Welcome to SD and have lots of fun. :)

Take care,

Ruurd

Chicago Discus
03-27-2014, 01:27 PM
Suus,

Welcome to simply discus :):), If you need anything let me know.......Josie

Miamiheat
03-27-2014, 03:45 PM
welcome! I am in Dublin Ireland. I have the same case of fish sibbling with different size: bought 2 in December: same look same size same exact fish. One is 3 times bigger than the other, but the small one has never acted sick or anything.

Suus
03-27-2014, 04:06 PM
That is exactly the case here too Miamiheat! Food for thought! I might open a thread about it later.

Also, thanks for the warm welcome, it's much appreciated :)

Miamiheat
03-27-2014, 04:08 PM
You are very welcome. This is a very very good for him to ask questions.

Second Hand Pat
03-27-2014, 04:36 PM
Hi Suus and welcome to Simply Discus. Ruurd mentioned a few new members might be stopping by :)
Pat

Suus
03-27-2014, 04:44 PM
Lol, he's quite the head-hunter isn't he :)

Second Hand Pat
03-27-2014, 04:46 PM
Let's say I have not seen that side of him lol
Pat

Noud Gilissen
03-27-2014, 06:33 PM
Nice to see you here too Suus ;-)

Noud

JixSteel
03-27-2014, 08:47 PM
Welcome Suus,
Look forward to seeing your discus if you post pictures...

Ron

Suus
03-28-2014, 03:31 AM
Hi Noud!!

Hi Ron, I'll post some pictures as soon as I am allowed to ( there's a ten post minimum before beeing able to post pictures if I understood correctly? )