PDA

View Full Version : thunder and lightning

tanked
03-29-2014, 11:57 AM
Today we had our first of many , many ,many thunderstorms. I live in florida and our storms literally will shake the entire house, and they are pretty much every day. any ideas how to minimize the Kaboom of thunder to keep the stress on the discus to a min or are they ok with the thunder

Tazalanche
03-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Anyone else imagining a river full of wild discus wearing earplugs?

Seriously though, I don't think you should worry about it.

blueluv
03-29-2014, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=tanked;1081196]Today we had our first of many , many ,many thunderstorms. I live in florida and our storms literally will shake the entire house, and they are pretty much every day. any ideas how to minimize the Kaboom of thunder to keep the stress on the discus to a min or are they ok with the thunder[/

The loud thunder will not stress your discus, what will stress them is poor water quality. I've had neighbors that blast their radio , which causes my wall to vibrate and my discus were not bothered by it at all.

dash
03-29-2014, 04:56 PM
Ya discus will be fine. Out of interest, do they get stressed during a storm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Bill63SG
03-29-2014, 06:29 PM
Anyone else imagining a river full of wild discus wearing earplugs?

Seriously though, I don't think you should worry about it.

Lol.

Rudustin
03-29-2014, 07:01 PM
Not to worry. I live in Florida also and my discus never stress over loud noises at all. I have two large parrots on top of that and they can really yell! Discus are fine.

tonytheboss1
03-31-2014, 12:20 AM
:bandana: Although I'm not in Florida, I can assure you we got N O I S E up north here for real!! lol No worries. The Discus will be fine. "T"

Len
03-31-2014, 12:31 AM
You're discus may just start to spawn. When we get crazy weather systems mine seem to get in the mood. We're getting HEAVY rain and possible thunder storms through tonight. We'll see what happens :)

BODYDUB
03-31-2014, 12:14 PM
You're discus may just start to spawn. When we get crazy weather systems mine seem to get in the mood. We're getting HEAVY rain and possible thunder storms through tonight. We'll see what happens :)
Lol, I would've never thought a thunderstorm would put them in the mood...............

Len
03-31-2014, 12:27 PM
I think it's the change in pressure that does it.

kwan8911
03-31-2014, 09:31 PM
I don't that will stress the fish.

FluffyWolf2
04-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Not discus related but it's a bit funny to watch my fish in my tanks when a storm approaches. Since we get very few they seem to get all excited as I believe they can sense the change in pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tanked
04-01-2014, 05:54 PM
thanks for all the help, thanks blueluv. have a visual of my discus head bobbing to Bruno mars, with tiny little headphones