PDA

View Full Version : do certain colors take longer to come out?

frylover
03-31-2014, 12:31 AM
Hi. I'm raising some fry from a reflection d x red turq. Was just wondering, as this is my first batch, does it take longer for blues to show up than other colors of fry? Mine are just starting to color up and I see blue showing but when I look at pics of other fry on here seems like smaller fry pics show reds etc. At a younger age. Mine are about 2" now.

Keith Perkins
03-31-2014, 08:15 AM
Different strains color up at different rates. RTs are definitely on the longer end of the spectrum. Sounds' like yours are coloring up at a very normal rate for RTs. I've got a batch just about the same size that are also just starting to color up a little.

frylover
03-31-2014, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the reply. I just can't wait to be able to tell what I have. I cant find any pics of fry that look like mine for coloring. I wish more experienced people posted more pics of fry and their coloring as they start to color up so some of us newbies could tell better. I know it can take forever for adult colors but pics of fry say 2" and bigger of different strains would be awesome !

Keith Perkins
03-31-2014, 10:15 PM
Time for you build a bigger fishroom and start the process. :) There are pictures of 2" RTs in my Homesteader section, at the end of the mostly recently updated thread for one.

frylover
04-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Thanks. Checked out the pics. They are similar but mine never had stress bars that dark. Very light in color so maybe they will be reflection D's? Who knows. Time will tell...