PDA

View Full Version : Rocks?!

Mia427
04-05-2014, 01:46 PM
So I finally decided that I should probably put some Decore in my tank. I wanted something natural like Drift wood or rock but unfortunately my LFS wants to charge a arm and a leg for something that I swear I could pick up at the beach LOL! I decided to go to a local landscaping company and I picked up a few beautiful pieces that I'm really excited about! The landscaper said people come in often and pick out pieces for their tank and even a few pet stores coming to pick up Rock to sell for way more obviously! He showed me some of the rocks that were safe to put in a tank. I just wanted to doublecheck to see if anyone knows anything about these rocks and really make sure they're okay to go in my freshwater tank. I also would like some advice on how you would go about cleaning them I want to make sure there sterile before I put them in. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

These are the stones

Mossy Mountain Veneer

Imagination Stone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elliots
04-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Some people on SD test the rocks before they go in the tank. I believe they use an acid to make sure they will not partially disslove and affect your water chemistry. I am sure someone will post exactly what to do. If you want to sterilze your rocks, boil them. If you want driftwood check the net. Make sure the wood is good for aquariums. There is a person, manzman, who is an SD sponsor, who sells manzanita wood and maybe other wood. Check the list of sponsors.

Wes
04-05-2014, 05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swzjKsuTJas&feature=player_detailpage