PDA

View Full Version : Have you been bitten

Quintin
04-28-2014, 02:31 PM
Quick question ? Have any of you been bitten by ur fish (discus or other)Was feeding my baby ghost fish bloodworms when one bit me hes 4cm.bites better than discus i thought while kleening my 4foot tank when my nid size discuspaced next to me then taking a bite.wow the little dude gt mean jaws.i am growing out some oscars and have seen some mean arowanas in my time.Has Anyone had any experiences where any fish "took them out" so to say.I was also thinking of making a weekly comic strip of hobbiests mishaps with discus.(with the simply administrators go ahead of coarse.It would be very basic at first.and see how it goes.what you guys think.

4discusdude
04-28-2014, 03:59 PM
Well I did get bitting by my flowerhorn when I'm doing water change. It took a small piece of my skin off.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

winn0923
04-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Yup some if the big central I kept left me w bleeding fingers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

musicmarn1
04-28-2014, 06:25 PM
You can do comics?! Wow Quentin I'm so impressed, I love creativity like that :) omg it would be SO priceless to have an SD comic strip could you imagine!! I'd give my right arm to put some of these threads into comic cartoon pictures ......:p. the worst thing discus have done to me is flood my oak floors several times, but that's all me being ditzy

This was my favourite 'fish attack' made me want one!!!!!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5INdyThTlWY

treemanone2003
04-28-2014, 06:42 PM
My female Red Devil (10") hated her tank interfered with. Always left marks and rearranged it according to her design.

joanstone
04-28-2014, 09:03 PM
I've been bitten by a big nasty female clownfish, a sailfin tang and stabbed (3 spines) by a big lion fish. My freshwater fish have been pretty tame.

Madaboutdiscus
04-28-2014, 11:41 PM
My discus peck at my fingers when I feed them or playing in the water during wc. Best story is the crayfish we used to have. Tiny fella when we got him and got bigger and bigger. Was changing gravel one day and had to remove the fish (gourami shrimp crayfish). Anyway got him in the net and climbs out and starts climbing up the net handle snapping his little claws trying to get me lol. I dumped his a@$ back into the tank really quick like. The gourami were just as aggressive and I couldn't figure out which was more dangerous.

~Victoria

Quintin
04-29-2014, 03:07 PM
like the video.how do you clean its tank?

JmDiscuss
04-29-2014, 08:32 PM
You can do comics?! Wow Quentin I'm so impressed, I love creativity like that :) omg it would be SO priceless to have an SD comic strip could you imagine!! I'd give my right arm to put some of these threads into comic cartoon pictures ......:p. the worst thing discus have done to me is flood my oak floors several times, but that's all me being ditzy

This was my favourite 'fish attack' made me want one!!!!!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5INdyThTlWY

That was a crazy video, looked cool, but I like my fingers on my hand...

musicmarn1
04-30-2014, 12:34 PM
Lol did you see what happened the poor fish threw himself OUT of the tank, he says in comments below, trying to attack him. As a dog behavior is it makes me want the fish to set him up so he does not get that wound up lol I wouldn't want him doing that, but a stunning fish!! He said to clean the tank he let's him attack a broom handle .....poor stressed fish!! That's with an exceptional care giver too, the behavior side fascinated me. Man discus are friendly huh?!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Northwoods Discus
04-30-2014, 01:24 PM
A male ram attacked my hand when I was pruning plants. The pair had a brood in the community tank. surprised the heck out of me. After the first time I knew it was coming and was not a big deal.

MuskieHunter
04-30-2014, 11:16 PM
Never bitten by an aquarium fish. Had a muskie grab my hand once.....it hurt. Won't let it happen again. A buddy keeps large Trimacs and a 14" Dovii. They draw blood if they get his hand.

dkeef
05-01-2014, 04:09 AM
i just got a baby 6" Goliath african tiger fish. (of course not with discus)...

when it grows, it will be able to snap my finger LOL,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDaPI8cQPzg

treemanone2003
05-01-2014, 07:57 AM
i just got a baby 6" Goliath african tiger fish. (of course not with discus)...

when it grows, it will be able to snap my finger LOL,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDaPI8cQPzg

Holy crap !!! Is it me or did it look like another fish of that kind and size was swimming in the same tank also, and it appeared as though it was still somewhat alive ??

joanstone
05-01-2014, 08:05 AM
I thought it did look alive at the end too. Hard to believe after so such damage.

musicmarn1
05-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Holy crap indeed Dave I want one!!!!! Post a whole thread on him please I love him!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk