PDA

View Full Version : New Manzanita driftwood and dishwasher accident

Aquacrazed
05-10-2014, 07:03 PM
Hey guys, I've been a fishkeeper for many years and finally took the plunge to start a 55g Discus tank.

Now in the process of decorating my new cycled tank, I picked up some very cool Manzanita driftwood from my LFS. They told me to put them in the dishwasher with no soap to help with the tannins and help the sinking process. It sounded like a good idea, but I made a mistake of forgetting that there was rinse aid (Jet-dry Finish rinse agent) in dishwasher and only realized it when the cycle was done. I used the Rinse only cycle that does not dry what's in there. I immediately took them out and put them in hot water in my tub hoping this might help remove the rinse aid. I am wondering if I should throw these away or if there is a way to fix this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Len
05-10-2014, 09:41 PM
I doubt it will cause any issue. If you think about it, you use it on dishes you eat and drink from and it doesn't do you any harm. If it makes you feel more at ease, rinse the wood with water again before you put it in the tank.

Aquacrazed
05-11-2014, 02:34 PM
Thanks Len, I left it in my tub overnight and rinsed it as you said. I don't smell anything unusual about them so I put them in my tank. Keeping fingers crossed.

100fuegos
05-11-2014, 03:31 PM
Water and bleach is all you need. Can not see the logic behind making life so much more complicated.

Enviado desde mi SM-T310 mediante Tapatalk