PDA

View Full Version : hey well exactly 6 day's after the 1 batch of egg's

ronald sherman
05-14-2014, 03:33 PM
1 hr after a water change yesterday and the pr of discus still in the community started cleaning the exact stop the tube of the intake and when I go back just 30 min later last night yess there is another set of orange color egg's and this time I notice the 1 the must be the male run up and down the intake tube almost touching the egg's I assume fert, them, again more than 24 hr's latter none eaten, but none appearing too hatch any suggestion's on what I can do on the next set of egg's too improve or possible soften water ?

rustypleco
05-14-2014, 03:48 PM
How's your flow rate?

Wish I had a horney pair :((

troysdiiscus
05-14-2014, 04:07 PM
are you using tap water? What is your gh levels? Depending on your water quality, you may need to run part RO water for a better hatch rate..or your male is not mature enough to fertilize or sterile...

ronald sherman
05-14-2014, 04:07 PM
it was much higher I changed several thing's too lower it why? btw this tank has been set-up and running with the same discus in it for over 21 month's and just over the last 1 month have I noticed them pairing off

ronald sherman
05-14-2014, 04:13 PM
actually my hatch rate seem's too be good at least from what I can tell I posted pix the last time they laid egg's 6 day's ago on this forum, yes stickly tap water I don't have a gh test kit do have a KH API, and from what I remember it was low have no way of making RO, water yet was going too be looking into RO filter in a few week's

rustypleco
05-14-2014, 04:41 PM
I asked about flow rate as if there too much flow the males struggle to fertilise the eggs in time

troysdiiscus
05-14-2014, 05:02 PM
waite, maybe I missed something, so your saying they hatched some already or they just layed. Hatch rate meaning the percentage of the eggs hatching into wigglers...
actually my hatch rate seem's too be good at least from what I can tell I posted pix the last time they laid egg's 6 day's ago on this forum, yes stickly tap water I don't have a gh test kit do have a KH API, and from what I remember it was low have no way of making RO, water yet was going too be looking into RO filter in a few week's

Larry Bugg
05-14-2014, 06:07 PM
I'm confused. You stated they laid the eggs last night and then you stated that 24 hours later none eaten. Sounds as though it hasn't even been 24 hours yet?? It takes 48 to 54 hours for the eggs to hatch so if it has only been less than 24 hours then you need to wait. Seems like I remember in your last post about them laying you scraped off the eggs before 48 hours was up. Am I missing something. Maybe I got the timeline wrong.

ronald sherman
05-14-2014, 07:39 PM
know last time I scrape them off after 4-5 day's know troydiscus my mistake none have hatched been it's only been 24 hr's or so they are orange like they were last time I'm just knew second time any discus ever laid egg's and I'm just overly excited I thought I read on some one's post that they hatch in 24 hr's or so my mistake, already have a 29 gallon tank stand hood, light heater too set-up in about 2 week's going too give them 2 more week's too bond together as this is what I have read is suggested