PDA

View Full Version : FS FS: Discus Books for sale.

seanyuki
05-23-2014, 11:14 AM
These Discus Books are signed copies by Andrew Soh.

Condition: very good.

The Naked Truth......US $85 plus US $10 for shipping within Canada/United States with tracking number.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo232/aiseanyuki/th_NT_zps63d8a463.jpg (http://s379.photobucket.com/user/aiseanyuki/media/NT_zps63d8a463.jpg.html)

this hard cover book has been broken into 11 chapters with more than 170 pages packed full of excellent and useful information.

Chapters consist of:

1/ selecting the best
2/ culture tank system
3/ breeding
4/ artemia culture
5/ sexing
6/ grooming champion
7/ discus genetics
8/ import quarantine procedure
9/ diseases and treatments
10/list of commonly used drugs and chemicals
11/ frequently asked question

I will give a brief description of each chapter and some random pictures taken from this book

1/Selecting the best
This chapter has many diagrams and pictures of the different body shape the discus comes in. It gives the reader knowledge in what to look out for when purchasing discus.

2/culture tank systems
The author describes the different type of tank set ups, it has advantages and disadvantages of 7 different types of set ups, dealing specifically with filtration and the changing of water.

3/Breeding
Breeding can be so simple but so hard! It covers how to set up a breeding tank, pairing of fish, feeding of fry as well as excellent photography of the whole breeding process from the egg to young fry.

4/Artemia culture
There is not much text in books which covers this area so well, this chapter is very impressive. Anyone can now hatch and grow brine shrimp at home!

5/Sexing
What to look for when determine the gender of your fish, after reading this chapter thoroughly the reader will be more accurate at sexing their precious discus!

6/Grooming a champion
How to pick the best discus, from an early age and goes through the finer points of culling and conditioning.

7/Discus genetics
Genetics is the science of inheritance. An excellent read on the laws of discus genetics, very detailed in information and is an excellent resource for both the beginner and the advanced hobbyist.

8/ Import and quarantine procedures
To put simply, prevention is better than cure, and curing discus is a nightmare!

9/Diseases and treatments
I have not read up to date, detailed information on this subject until I picked up this book.
Learn about the problem and the remedy

10/List of commonly used drugs and chemicals
Learn about the drug/chemical and the dose rate to use. From Antibiotics to Zeolite

11/ Frequently asked questions
If you had a problem and would like to solve it, no doubt it will be under this chapter!

Discus - Problems & Solutions by Andrew Soh

US $85 plus US $10 for shipping within Canada/United States with tracking number.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo232/aiseanyuki/th_thWeb_Discus-Problems___Solutions_A_zpsea84b517.jpg (http://s379.photobucket.com/user/aiseanyuki/media/thWeb_Discus-Problems___Solutions_A_zpsea84b517.jpg.html)

All about the problems encountered with discus from larval stages through to adulthood - and how to overcome the problems.

Follow up to the highly successful Discus - Naked truth, Andrew Soh, the author, has recognised the need for a guide to solving the problems encountered at all stages with Discus and written this near 200 page book. Complete with many photographs and diagrams, Andrew writes this in an easy to use, layman's terms language.
Contents

* Aknowledgements
* Preface
* Chapter One. . . . . . . . Breeding
* Chapter Two. . . . . . . . Inducing Discus to Spawn
* Chapter Three . . . . . . Faces of Discus. Changes in facial pattern and using it to describe the history of mutations.
* Chapter Four . . . . . . . Recipe. What are the essential ingredients to add into the discus diet, a post-mortem of all ingredients and presenting my personal beef-heart recipes for juveniles, adult and older.
* Chapter Five . . . . . . . .Pro-More
* Chapter Six . . . . . . . . .Pro-Growth
* Chapter Seven . . . . . .Fucin
* Chapter Eight . . . . . . .Diseases
* Chapter Nine . . . . . . . Genetics. The chapter on genetics is the largest chapter comprising more than 30 pages and much more advance than the first book.
* Chapter Ten . . . . . . . FAQ's

Please email me at francismcb@hotmail.com/or PM me here for questions

Payment by Paypal only.......francismcb@hotmail.com

seanyuki
05-23-2014, 11:41 PM
Both books sold.

April
05-26-2014, 01:23 PM
You sold your books also Francis?