PDA

View Full Version : Hypochondriac Discus

Searley
05-27-2014, 07:45 PM
My Discus are hypochondriacs, they seem to get nearly every sickness I read about on here!. Huh?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Second Hand Pat
05-28-2014, 09:06 AM
Sounds like you have some husbandry issues. Fill out the questionnaire if you want some assistance on this. Link is in the notice at the top of the page.

OC Discus
05-28-2014, 09:28 AM
We as keepers can be hypochondriacs too. Getting started we invest a lot of time and money into our fish and want them to be perfect. We fear that every blemish on their skin and all abnormal behavior is disease that requires medication. Its sad how many fish are actually killed by the treatment of well meaning owners. Scrapes, blemishes, color changes, hiding, swimming fast, not eating "can" all be normal behaviors that don't require medication. With pristine water and patience, most issues will self resolve without medication. You have a great resource here in the "moderators". You will get mixed advice on treatment from sd members with experience ranging from 1 week to 40 years. Confirm all medication advice with moderators before following, since at this point you don't know who is right and who is wrong.

My Discus are hypochondriacs, they seem to get nearly every sickness I read about on here!. Huh?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Searley
05-28-2014, 07:28 PM
Forgot to use the sarcastic font...

Second Hand Pat
05-28-2014, 08:44 PM
Forgot to use the sarcastic font...

If you intend this is a sarcastic thread you posted it in the wrong place.

aquadon2222
05-29-2014, 06:02 AM
Hypochondriac means that someone/thing isn't sick but they think they are all the time. Fish can't be hypochondriacs! I'd spend some money and have a fish expert come look at your fish to see if they do in fact have real disease and treat accordingly. In the meantime keep the water clean!