PDA

View Full Version : Important Deadline for Convention - Hotel Room Discounted Rate

Larry Bugg
05-28-2014, 05:51 PM
The deadline for the reduced convention rate on the hotel room was Today May 28th.

NADA has worked with the Hotel to secure an additional week for you to make your reservations at this great reduced rate.

The new cutoff date for the reduced rate is Wednesday June 4.

If you were even considering coming to the Show but not sure you can pull it off you need to go ahead and make those reservations now. You can always cancel your reservations up to 72 hours before scheduled stay if you just aren't able to finalize your plans but in one week you will lose the reduced rate. You simply don't want to miss out on all the great time we will have. Make those reservations today and come be a part of the fun.

You can make your reservations from the NADA Show Site here..............http://nadaaustin2014.com/

Discusdude7
05-28-2014, 06:17 PM
Larry when is the show date? I looked on discusnada.org but couldn't find it?

nwehrman
05-28-2014, 06:37 PM
June 20-22, 2014 are the show dates

Discusdude7
05-28-2014, 06:37 PM
June 20-22, 2014 are the show dates

Thank you.

Larry Bugg
05-28-2014, 07:13 PM
Click on the link at the end of my post. It will give you all the details.

JamesP
05-28-2014, 07:26 PM
Larry,

When will the tanks be setup and ready for fish. I am trying to figure out my trip.

Thanks,

Jim

yim11
05-28-2014, 07:43 PM
Larry,

When will the tanks be setup and ready for fish. I am trying to figure out my trip.

Thanks,

Jim

The hotel will have our show room area ready at 8am Thur and we plan to start setting up then. If they don't have an event on Wed we will check to see if we can get started early since tanks/stands will be there Wed. By Thur afternoon tanks should be ready for fish.

Looking forward to seeing you again, bringing another Bred By winner? :)

JamesP
05-30-2014, 12:09 AM
The hotel will have our show room area ready at 8am Thur and we plan to start setting up then. If they don't have an event on Wed we will check to see if we can get started early since tanks/stands will be there Wed. By Thur afternoon tanks should be ready for fish.

Looking forward to seeing you again, bringing another Bred By winner? :)
I will have some fish there. Still trying to decide how may I am bringing. I recently took a new position with my company and need to reduce my fish stock with all the traveling I am doing. So I am bringing a few proven pairs from my original Heckel crosses. I plan to enter them in the show and then have them in the auction as well.That way I hope someone will keep working with them. I am looking forward to Austin and seeing everyone again.

Jim

yim11
05-30-2014, 12:27 AM
I will have some fish there. Still trying to decide how may I am bringing. I recently took a new position with my company and need to reduce my fish stock with all the traveling I am doing. So I am bringing a few proven pairs from my original Heckel crosses. I plan to enter them in the show and then have them in the auction as well.That way I hope someone will keep working with them. I am looking forward to Austin and seeing everyone again.

Jim

Great to hear! Let us know how many tanks you might need please, we expect this show to fill up like the previous ones and would hate to not have tanks for anyone.

Nicholson may not let at least one of those pairs make it to auction LOL I recall how upset he was he didn't get them as juvies in Atlanta.

Take care,
-jim

JamesP
05-30-2014, 11:44 AM
Funny I already received a few PM's one from the "son of a horse trader". As far as tanks for show entries I will need 6 tanks. For non show tanks for the other half of pairs or Heckel cross F2's I will need another 5 tanks if they are 20's. So a total of 11 tanks 6 for the show.

Thanks,

Jim

Great to hear! Let us know how many tanks you might need please, we expect this show to fill up like the previous ones and would hate to not have tanks for anyone.

Nicholson may not let at least one of those pairs make it to auction LOL I recall how upset he was he didn't get them as juvies in Atlanta.

Take care,
-jim

nwehrman
05-30-2014, 05:20 PM
Can not wait to see them Jim - I remember them well from Atlanta. Very exciting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwehrman
05-30-2014, 06:21 PM
Just looked up the normal room rate and it's 149.00 a night on average - so our rate is a steal! Book your rooms now.

JamesP
05-30-2014, 11:01 PM
I hope a lot of folks bring fish this year. It is fun to see all the different fish and projects.

nwehrman
05-30-2014, 11:52 PM
I hope a lot of folks bring fish this year. It is fun to see all the different fish and projects.

Me too -- it really is a fun time!

Larry Bugg
06-02-2014, 06:47 PM
We are now down to two days left to get the special NADA reduced rate for the Hotel.
MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS TODAY!!!!!

Carolina discus
06-03-2014, 01:29 AM
Room all set! ...will register tomorrow.

Larry Bugg
06-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Room all set! ...will register tomorrow.

Eric, this is awesome. I'm glad to finally get a chance to meet you.

nwehrman
06-03-2014, 10:03 AM
Hey Larry -- you need to update your signature ;)

nwehrman
06-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Hey Larry -- you need to update your signature ;)

Carolina discus
06-03-2014, 10:55 PM
Thanks Larry...looking forward to meeting you and the group as well....I just sent in payment for regestration so I am all set!!!!
I will be there Thursday Afternoon, Thursday and Friday....have to fly out on Saturday at 6am to get home for a gathering....

musicmarn1
06-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Looking forward to meeting you Eric, your an uncle lol got pictues to show you :)

Cambik
06-04-2014, 08:45 AM
We are down to the last day to get the special NADA reduced rate for the Hotel.
MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS NOW!!!!!

Carolina discus
06-04-2014, 10:31 AM
SWEET!! see everyone soon

Second Hand Pat
06-04-2014, 10:35 AM
See you there Eric.

DiscusLoverJeff
06-04-2014, 10:43 AM
Due to a family gathering that weekend, I just had to cancel my room (included a king size bed). So if someone calls the hotel right now, you might be able to get my room.

Carolina discus
06-04-2014, 12:39 PM
:) on Pat...looking forward to it.

:( on Jeff...was looking forward to meeting you

Chad Adams
06-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Due to a family gathering that weekend, I just had to cancel my room (included a king size bed). So if someone calls the hotel right now, you might be able to get my room.

Sorry to hear buddy, was looking forward to finally meeting you face-face.

Chad

DiscusLoverJeff
06-04-2014, 01:57 PM
Sorry to hear buddy, was looking forward to finally meeting you face-face.

Chad

Me too Chad and Eric. My wife's family decided not to wait until July to celebrate her fathers 85th birthday because of his recent health issues. So, a happy wife, is a happy life, or at least that is what I am told.

Have fun and take lots of pictures!

If you guys are entering discus, good luck!

JamesP
06-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Registered last night. I will have 4 F1 pairs and a few other surprises. Should be a lot of fun.

nwehrman
06-05-2014, 06:47 AM
Exciting!!! Hotel did extend us one more week for any last minute travelers.... So don't wait - throw caution to the wind. Tell the boss you need stress relief and make plans to get here. It's shaping up to be better than ever!

musicmarn1
06-05-2014, 02:50 PM

Got it was last room available they said, thanks for heads up!

Cambik
06-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Please be patient we are looking into this with our contact at the hotel. I am pretty sure though they still have rooms. They may just be out of one type of room. I know we haven't booked out the entire hotel......

Skip
06-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Please be patient we are looking into this with our contact at the hotel. I am pretty sure though they still have rooms. They may just be out of one type of room. I know we haven't booked out the entire hotel......

when i registered.. they were out of double beds.. last week.. only single king beds :)

nwehrman
06-05-2014, 03:36 PM
Room types alloted have been adjusted - they still have all types of rooms available