PDA

View Full Version : Snakeskin x Scorpion spawning

musicmarn1
06-01-2014, 04:26 PM
i have a stunning pair from Eric i decided to play with, Blue Scorpion male and female both lovely

and then i had some truly top notch blue snakeskins from Kenny that after QTi decided to see what would happen

since my pair, spawn a lot but havent produced wrigglers - i dont mind but it seems quite taxing , all that effort for no glory, i decided to give them hopefully a rest in the community tank, where the cream of my crop (im a newbie but the sponsors have been extremely good to me with these fish) - these are all originally bred by forrest, where they were boht VERY happy. at first they wriggled at each other but then a female snakeskin caught the male's eye and they split up.

the female seems relieved to have a break hurrah !! and the male is now giddy and spawning their first spawn with the new female blue snakeskin, very pretty spotted blue snakeskin from the April batch.

my question is - what will i get from those two? a mixture of 9 bar (thats blue turq's right?) 14 bar (snakeskins in this case or leopards if i was crossing those is that correct?) and how do i get scorpions

after the female is fatttened up (they have both grown almost an inch i am guessing i hate measuring ! but they have clear growth on them) and rested, i want to put the female with a top grade male either blue diamond or ? and i could get one from the show !!! maybe or from Kenny or Eric again.

what will give me the best combo of finelined beautiful snakeskin/scorpion. i love the spots and fine line snakeskin patterns on a blue fish. thats all , i also LOVE now, those new scorpions from Kenny which are almost like blue diamonds with a very small spattering of spots on the edges, they are growing like weeds and are beautiful. im not a turq crazy fan i just want spots and lines.

so any thoughts for me to play with here?

i also have twou really special blue ring leopards who are quite special i can play with. their sex is not confirmed yet though.

im bloody awful with pictures but ill add some to this thread so you can see what im working with :D

i tried googling but got confused !