PDA

View Full Version : LED lights for Discus

ganesan
06-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Which spectrums are best for Discus aquariums, there are many and will anyone give any suggestion please:)

rickztahone
06-10-2014, 08:44 PM
That is a very subjective question. Truth is, you can basically put them under any spectrum. The output is ultimately what could possibly be a concern though. Too bright and they may hide a lot.

Madaboutdiscus
06-10-2014, 09:09 PM
I love my beamswork they make lights that are very close to Marineland but their tone is better and brighter. There's also a company that makes very slim single row led lights. They make a totally blue one and a blue and white one. The company is called aquatic life. They make their own lights. I got a 36 inch one for around 30 bucks on ebay. They work great and have a bright white light.

~Victoria

hank91
06-10-2014, 10:05 PM
I run 3 LED strips on my 550g show tank. I ordered them from www.buildmyled.com
What a great company! They custom made the spectrum to show off the blue discus based on my input.
And the lights can be dimmed down to about 20% of full output so you can acclimate your discus as needed.

ganesan
06-11-2014, 01:19 AM
Thanks all for your replies and guess its subjective but I have learnt that too bright can scare them as they do generally with any light and height of tank and spectrum depends on the discus strain color.

zachrabbit15
06-11-2014, 03:09 AM
I'm running Finnex Planted+ and Ray2s. The blues and reds on the planted really make the color pop on my turqs.