PDA

View Full Version : Thank You....If you are new to Discus or having an issue Please read.

Snow
06-21-2014, 07:21 PM
If this is not in the right place please feel free to move it!

I wanted to start out by saying thank you to this wonderful forum and I am so grateful that I found it!

If you are new to Discus or even just having an issue with yours and you have come to this forum to seek information and/or help.....you will get it. Don't assume that because you have or have had other freshwater fish that your way is the best way in everything or that you "must know by now how to take care of fish" (especially when it comes to Discus). Not everyone's methods are the same here BUT the advice you receive will put you on the right track. Trust me...been there, done that and every person here who gave me suggestions has been correct. They may seem overboard to some people, on some things, however they are not giving you the run around. They are truly giving you the best answers possible (as they are very knowledgeable) on this subject. The people here really care about you & your discus and are just phenomenal (this I can't stress enough).

If you are going to be purchasing your first discus, I strongly recommend that you use one of the Sponsors on this site. They are there to help you even after your purchase. And you can be guaranteed that you will be receiving what you ordered and that it will be in it's healthiest state (at least by my experience).

Don't try to cut corners or speed up the process or you will have huge issues on your hands. And it will be your time, effort & money that is lost. As well as the poor defenseless fish. Please take to heart what the good people here have to say.