PDA

View Full Version : background

flyingdiscus
06-24-2014, 08:01 AM
so i recently brought some discus 2 of which were a white butterfly and a red melon when i brought them they had no peppering then after being in my tank they have it so my question is what would be the best colored background i originally had one that looked like a rock wall then went to the wall behind the tank which is red and now im stuck between white, black or blue my substrate is white pool filter sand if that helps
thanks

John_Nicholson
06-24-2014, 08:30 AM
To help reduce peppering any light color will work. If you want more of a rock or wood looking background check out universalrocks.com They were at our NADA show and have some great stuff. It is unreal. Not sure if it will help but tell them that you are from NADA.

-john

rickztahone
06-24-2014, 11:26 AM
As John said.

I just wanted to comment on the nice looking WB on your avatar. Where did you source it?

flyingdiscus
06-24-2014, 09:39 PM
oh no its not mine i got it from the internet due to the fact that my white butterfly won't stay still for a photo but mine is still nice looking just more body pattern. so overall id be better off going blue rather then black due to my substrate being white

Argentum
06-25-2014, 03:20 AM
You can use the light blue colour instead of the Deep blue. It will help reduce the peppering and give you a sky like color