PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations and thank you

pcsb23
06-25-2014, 04:56 PM
I would like to congratulate NADA and in particular the show committee for putting on a fabulous show. I know from personal experience what is required to make such events happen and just how darned hard it really is! You can rightly feel very proud of your efforts.

It would also be remiss not to congratulate all of the people who took the plunge and entered fish. Without you, there would be no show. It was pleasing that there were a good number of home bred fish, this truly is the backbone of the hobby. There were some rather nice fish in the show too, pity that I live so far away! :)

I also have to congratulate NADA for arranging a number of excellent speakers, in particular Dr Ed Noga and Dr Tom Waltzek. I'm sorry I missed Hans talk. I found Spencer Jacks talk to be just right for the gala dinner, which incidentally was rather good, he is a funny man, even if he is Canadian ;)

I thought the Speaker Round Table was quite enlightening and there was some good discussions had.

My thanks for inviting me to give a couple of talks, I hope that people found them enjoyable and informative.

No show is complete without things to buy, so a big well done to all of those who came along and set out their stall with fish and all things aquatic for sale, it made for a very good display and added to an already good show.

Last but by no means least I would like to offer a personal thank you to all of the wonderful people I met at the show, the hospitality of my hosts was quite simply spectacular. The warm welcome I received from everyone was quite humbling. Whoever suggested holding the show at the Omni hotel were inspired, it was an excellent venue. Please forgive me if I don't name names (I'm hopeless at remembering them) - but if that is what Texan hospitality is all about then to quote Arnie "I'll be back!".

Very well done and thank you.

John_Nicholson
06-25-2014, 05:01 PM
You are more then welcome. I had several people rave about your talks. If anyone ever ask me about bringing you in as a speaker you will absolutely get the highest recommendation that I can give. It was great meeting you. Hell I might even need to get a passport and cross the pond to one of your shows one day.

-john

nwehrman
06-25-2014, 05:19 PM
I second John and it was a truly wonderful show .... With wonderful speakers and vendors. I learned a lot even if I didn't get to attend many speaker talks because I was so busy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second Hand Pat
06-25-2014, 05:33 PM
Paul, I cannot said how awesome it was to finally meet you and was not surprised to find the man above the lady was the same in person. I enjoyed your talks, learned a lot and enjoyed swapping stories. I will endeavor to get out of auto mode and learn more about my camera. I am honored to call you a friend and hope some day to meet in the future.
Pat

Skip
06-25-2014, 05:44 PM
Paul.. nice to meet ya! :)

glad you found Texas Hospitality to your liking :)

Second Hand Pat
06-25-2014, 05:45 PM
Paul loved the beef brisket :D

Skip
06-25-2014, 05:50 PM
Paul loved the beef brisket :D

FANTASTIC!!

Salt Lick is Great!

Chad Adams
06-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Paul,

It was definitely one of the highlights of my trip to finally meet you and attend your session. You are a true gem and enjoyed my time with you immensely! I will look forward to seeing you again hopefully very soon!

Chad

Discus-Hans
07-07-2014, 12:42 AM
Paul, was very nice meeting you finally after all these years, must say, you are not as bad as you try to be on the forums lol lol

Hans

pcsb23
07-07-2014, 07:18 AM
You are more then welcome. I had several people rave about your talks. If anyone ever ask me about bringing you in as a speaker you will absolutely get the highest recommendation that I can give. It was great meeting you. Hell I might even need to get a passport and cross the pond to one of your shows one day.

-johnGood meeting you too and glad the talks were well received :)

I second John and it was a truly wonderful show .... With wonderful speakers and vendors. I learned a lot even if I didn't get to attend many speaker talks because I was so busy!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNicole, being busy goes with running the show :)

Paul, I cannot said how awesome it was to finally meet you and was not surprised to find the man above the lady was the same in person. I enjoyed your talks, learned a lot and enjoyed swapping stories. I will endeavor to get out of auto mode and learn more about my camera. I am honored to call you a friend and hope some day to meet in the future.
PatThanks Pat, it was fun.

Paul.. nice to meet ya! :)

glad you found Texas Hospitality to your liking :)You too Skip and the hospitality was excellent.

Paul,

It was definitely one of the highlights of my trip to finally meet you and attend your session. You are a true gem and enjoyed my time with you immensely! I will look forward to seeing you again hopefully very soon!

ChadThanks Chad, I enjoyed the whole show !

Paul, was very nice meeting you finally after all these years, must say, you are not as bad as you try to be on the forums lol lol

HansNice meeting you too Hans :) I try to be nice on forums :evilgrin:

Disgirl
07-07-2014, 08:36 AM
Paul, it was very nice to meet you in person and have all those interesting talks. I won't soon forget the stingray that got away! Hope to see you again somewhere sometime. Take care of those reptiles,
Barb

pcsb23
07-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Paul, it was very nice to meet you in person and have all those interesting talks. I won't soon forget the stingray that got away! Hope to see you again somewhere sometime. Take care of those reptiles,
BarbThanks Barb, lovely meeting you too :)

yim11
07-09-2014, 02:42 AM
It was our honor to have you my friend!

Thank you very much for your wonderful contribution to our show!

Really enjoyed chatting with you and forcing US beers on you. :)

I may not be able to hang with Europeans, but I'll give it my best damn shot every time!

Take care sir,
-jim

Discus-Hans
07-09-2014, 02:52 AM
lol

Hans

pcsb23
07-09-2014, 02:17 PM
It was our honor to have you my friend!

Thank you very much for your wonderful contribution to our show!

Really enjoyed chatting with you and forcing US beers on you. :)

I may not be able to hang with Europeans, but I'll give it my best damn shot every time!

Take care sir,
-jimAnytime you fancy a re-match let me know - the local beers there were good! :)