PDA

View Full Version : First Novel....!

musicmarn1
06-27-2014, 04:41 PM
Hey Guys,

wondering if anyone would help me test my novel idea, i wrote the first 5 chapters and need to know if its got enough flow to be worth working on, im extremely critical to myself with content - i could care less about editing and polishing until later it tends to get in my way of getting the story out.

So would anyone be interested in reading and seeing if it works or is a total flop and doesnt keep you engaged? its urban fantasy, i love vampires werewolves magic, that sort of thing hehe ive dreamed about writing and i scrap everything ive done for the last oh 11 years LOL once i get a couple of chapters in, i feel like its not good enough, this time id like to get other opinions as i like this one. so you wont hurt my feelings (well only a little but in a good way)if you say negative things. it IS a first draft there is a lot to do on it if it does work but i am curious if it has what it takes to be worth the work...

i tend to write as i go, so it would be an awful waste to write the whole drn thing if its failing in a major way at this point. i have a lot to learn and a lot to polish but ill post it here and see what anyone thinks.

Second Hand Pat
06-27-2014, 04:45 PM
I'm game Marnie. I am an Ann Rice fan.

musicmarn1
06-27-2014, 04:57 PM
Hugs! Pat you rock on so many levels:p im no Ann Rice but here goes

Drat! wont load pm your email if your interested in reading and ill send the pdf

nwehrman
06-27-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm game too Marnie! Always love a good fantasy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brewmaster15
06-27-2014, 06:47 PM
Marnie,
I would be honored too... fantasy are my favorites. Cant pass up a vampire or supernatural story.
al

rickztahone
06-27-2014, 08:32 PM
Im game too. I hope its lighter reading than Ann Rice though, lol.

Disgirl
06-27-2014, 08:33 PM
I want to read it too Marnie!
Barb

Chicago Discus
06-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Sounds fun glad to be a part of this......Josie

musicmarn1
06-27-2014, 10:48 PM
WOW lol just got back from dog training and saw this made my whole week !! wish i could post the pdf, send me emails guys and im really really grateful for your input, means a lot thank you so much !! :D

Second Hand Pat
06-27-2014, 11:38 PM
Marnie, read the first couple of pages and so far I like. I forwarded your pdf to Al.

musicmarn1
06-27-2014, 11:49 PM
wooo ! thanks Pat :)

musicmarn1
06-29-2014, 11:22 AM
:coffee::coffee::bounce2:First two reviews are in, quick readers - my husband takes a week per chapter lol i read a novel a day and i have to wait weeks to talk to him about it LOL

so THANK YOU so much for your comments, encouragement and suggestions, criticisms and compliments !! really really encourages me to continue. i was getting prepared to hear any amount of bad news - its my first 5 chapters ive ever written and its a first draft, after all. so that would not have been such a shock but the feedback just means im going to write all day today !! get the next big meaty bit out of the way then take a deep breath, look at the whole and rewrite it.

i was going to self publish on amazon, seems easier than getting a publisher and all i dream of is having a few readers like my stuff, until i get enough practice to have a publisher. so having anyone read it now is such an elixir i cant even tell you, its really potent, heady stuff !!

chaoslite
07-04-2014, 02:49 PM
I love to read and I write a bit too. I am volunteering.

Mishka

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rickztahone
07-04-2014, 02:51 PM
Marnie, you got my email right? I read it and really liked it! I would buy the finished book in an instant, but would read tid-bits too (as you release them) ;).

Thanks for sharing with us.

musicmarn1
07-05-2014, 02:35 PM
Hey Rick, i sent you a reply a big thank you, very encouraging response thank you so much, really !!and i sent you a few more chapters !! so let me know if you didnt get ill resend :)

my personal phobia - only fear i have in the world, not heights or snakes or anything, is werewolves, so im writing about my deepest darkest fears LOL ....yeah great !

Mishka , yey ! thank you so so much pm your email and ill send you what i have so far. if you write too thats awesome to have your feedback ty !

fishyj
07-09-2014, 09:51 PM
I really enjoyed it so far. Now I need more to read.

musicmarn1
07-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Yey! Ty I'm encouraged

musicmarn1
07-11-2014, 03:13 PM
forget who was enjoying it lol but 6 & 7 were ready for anyone who wants to read and critique. for those who have, thank you thank you so so much, its all the difference in the world writing for people who actually are already enjoying it, way more than i expected or hoped for and enough to make me continue on even though i have a lot of editing and re-writing to do when i finish lol !!

i am doing my research and need any military survivalists out there LOL:) to help me on some details
im watching werewolf movies and omg they scare the crap out of me but some are just bad, i literally freak out when its a well done one

i also got a letter my best friend in England from childhood, who just surprised the crap out of me saying she illustrates for books (i thought she was mainly a musician i forgot what an artist she was) and can draw werewolves, she is working on a front cover for the book ! how cool is that ;)

only got 50 pages of the book so far but im having a lot of fun writing it , must remember to mention discus keepers somewhere ;p

rickztahone
07-11-2014, 11:22 PM
Hey Marnie, I don't believe i got the second email with more reading material. Would you mind sending it to me again please?

musicmarn1
07-12-2014, 02:59 AM
oh no ! well you should hopefully enjoy this then :) ty Rick !

pauline
07-12-2014, 08:24 AM
Hi Marnie. I'm late but if you need any additional readers I'm game. The pure joy you're expressing at sharing your writing with us makes me want to be a part of it.

BTW....Alcide on True Blood is a werewolf that is the furthest thing from frightening that I've ever laid eyes on. He could possibly help you overcome your phobia. Lol ;)

musicmarn1
07-12-2014, 10:42 PM
LoLet even I'm not scared of Alcide! Haha

Om your email, I'd love your feedback - writing is turning out to be soo much fun but it's the feedback that makes it worth it!!

Madaboutdiscus
07-13-2014, 05:36 PM
I'm in Marn. I love the fantasy stuff.

musicmarn1
07-14-2014, 12:01 PM
wooohoooo this is like Christmas !! thanks so much guys :)

hows this for a synopsis? i have to practice writing excerpts and synopsis (never done in my whole life) but will need to grab attention of fantasy lovers, since im writing the book without any planning just writing by the seat of my pants, i was surprised when i wrote the synopsis and this came out !

Melvin, wakes up to find, to his horror that he is dead. His body was magicked by a Shaman for a local werewolf gang, that had an epic hunt arranged for its newest member. Imagine tracking a person as a werewolf? found them yet? right...its that easy, if your that powerful and can smell sweat or better yet blood, or fear from far away, can smell subtle changes in the soil and any trace of human pheromones left on surfaces...not to mention having the skills of a wolf with the brain of a very malignant human individual...well anyway, its easy.

Now imagine tracking a dead guy. no sweat, no fear to smell, no heart beat or loud breathing to hear. So Melvin finds himself on the nasty end of a werewolf initiation rite of passage and he just cant stand by and see the innocent people who are dragged into the middle hurt , expendable to the hunt but not to Melvin. But how do you fight a gang of werewolves? especially if you are also dead....Melvin has to find resources he never tapped into in life, forge friendships that can withstand true horror and darkness, fighting their way toward the light. He needs find out what was done to him and if there is any hope of reversal or at least find out what comes next, instead of being trapped in stasis, still alive but not living. Melvin woke up in a different world, only the world hasn't changed since he died, he has and he has to change a whole lot more if he is going to survive the hunt.

PS ) Simply will get a good donation from me once i publish this, because without the support and encouragement and READERS which is better than crack-cocaine, i would have tossed yet another effort into the trash, i have many great comments, constructive criticisms and nothing at all harsh or discouraging to make me feel like its not worth going to the end with this so thanks Simply. a donation will happen at the end :)

musicmarn1
07-20-2014, 09:08 PM
ok im on chapter 12 let me know if you want the latest version :) i LOVE LOVE writing !!! who knew it was this much fun ?! i think im kind of horror genre, not strictly fantasy at all , i feel it coming out of me that way though i didnt intend to, oh well i love writing it and we shall see what happens

nwehrman
07-20-2014, 10:28 PM
Me please!!! Exciting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

musicmarn1
07-21-2014, 03:35 PM
sending now :)

rickztahone
07-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Me too please :-)

fishyj
07-26-2014, 09:30 AM