PDA

View Full Version : My next attempt at raising juvies

Quintin
06-28-2014, 03:50 PM
I recently aquired 2 juvies as they did nt have a hme and i agreed to take them.As some of you know i only started keeping discus a year ago.After all my misguidedness and misshaps im left with 3 Adults and 2 Sub Adults in my tank.Fineally a reason to get more discus tanks.I bought another six from an importer here in south africa and now have a tank with 8 juvies ranging from 5cm - 7cm.Along with first tank.Ive had them for a month and thought id run a monthly update of thier way forward.Im no master of keeping discus and this is merely an expression of my next step in kepping discus.I do 80% water changes daily and feed 5-6 times.I have tested both tanks recently and am glad to say tanks are cycled and there are no traces of nitrite and amonia.Hope to do better this time.All feedback is appreciated.These pics are of day of arrival from indonesia.Ill post 1 month updates on first of July.

Quintin

pcsb23
07-03-2014, 11:16 AM
... Ill post 1 month updates on first of July.

QuintinYour late! It's the 3rd of July!!! :evilgrin:

Good luck and look forward to regular updates :)

Quintin
07-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Yes i know.Sorry guys as you know i have a new 4month old baby boy and hes teething.So not very happy and keeping us busy.Im still keeping up with water changes and feeding but my time on net is limited.Ill see if i gt the camera here and take few pics quick

Quintin
07-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Ok Here is my one month update.Sorry for some of the bad pics.The 2 yellow/Orange small ones are slightly pointy.I gt them first.They were sold as melons.Then gt another 6 as follows.2 Blue cobolt,bt i think they diamonds as have seen no stress bars thusfar.2 Gold Pigion bloods, and 2 royals.the one royal was in bad shape when hee gt to me and is in hospital tank at present.And all other fish attack him at same time so ill let him heal and grow a bit and try add him in.All comments are welcome.

Quintin
07-04-2014, 03:58 PM
And some more pics

Quintin
07-04-2014, 04:01 PM
And some.The one royal in hospital tank doesnt always tuk his fins in hes actually swimming up and down looking pretty as we type.

pcsb23
07-05-2014, 07:38 AM
At this age many are slightly pointy as you put it. Good food and water and most should develop ok. Some show potential :)

Quintin
07-05-2014, 03:04 PM
i myself love the blues.they were bought as cobolts but have never seen stress bars.so id say they diamonds.any imput.bt i do like all of them.the pigeons pepper a lot but not all the time.usually before and after water changes.but they all pull hair from my fingers during water changes.they gt a mean little bite to them

Quintin
09-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Hi guys sorry havnt put updates but baby been keeping me very busy.ive neglegted my baby discus for a month and have lost 3 (my fault).im glad to say im back on track and doing daily changes again.ill post some pics soon my wife bought me 3 new babies though and i WILL look after them.the original few are doing well though royl has over taken all other discus in size.and he was the smallest.sorry for letting my fish down i appoligise.

Quintin
09-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Here are some updated pics of my discus.the 1 blue cobolt, 2 golden pigeon bloods, and one red royal, these were names theywere bought as.I have another 2 red dragons and 1 blue royal in quarintine no pics yet.the one dragon came in bad shape and not doing to good.the other gold pigeon is also not toog ood but getting better i think.I know ive done a sloppy job again but let me know what you guys think of thier progress.

rickztahone
09-12-2014, 10:59 PM
The turq is the best looking of the bunch. Considering how they looked a month ago, I think you are doing a great job. The blue hue of the blue diamond looks great. The pigeon blood is the least impressive to me, but that is a personal opinion of course.

Good luck. Keep us updated.

Quintin
09-13-2014, 08:50 AM
Thanks alot.the royal / turk did boom in the last month.I have not been able to aquire good pigeons thus far.id love to get hans /or stendker to supply me with ones that are guarinteed not to pepper but hes eating well so well see how he turns out.The blue is also one of my favorite ones.the 3 new arrivals should be out quarintine by next month update.the one not doing too good but the other 2 are ok.they just a bit smaller though.

timmy82
09-13-2014, 09:17 AM
Mate good start and good open minded approach, you'll get their and are on the right track.

Quintin
09-13-2014, 09:27 AM
thanx ill try my best