PDA

View Full Version : need help ASAP

ronald sherman
06-29-2014, 06:48 PM
can anyone help me with the a 1 important question ? long story short I've been having a pair regularly leaving egg's and having them making it too attachment but this have been in 75 gallon, with 4-5 sponges and 2 canister filter's. obviously not having much success between the tank size and all those filter's I've been getting a 29 gallon rank ready and seeding a new sponge filter cleaning the one's from the other 2 tank's onto the new sponge getting temp the same long story short, again before I can move them into there 29 gallon breeding tank as I wanted too make sure the 29 gallon was completely cycled they lied the most amount of egg's. now keeping the sponge filter using ammonia can I move the pair first into the 29 gallon then move the breeding cone or will the stress of moving them be too much and make them eat there egg's? my other possibility would be removing all the sponges in the 75 except 1 as well as the canister and lower the water level too the lowest possible so the fry can find the parent and easily attach. which option is more logical?

Altum Nut
06-29-2014, 07:13 PM
Just put one of the established seeded sponge filters in the 29g fill with water and your ready to go. You wouldn't have to wait.
If you feel it may stress parents by moving them now...as you mentioned pull the canister and other sponges except for one, lower water level only if they hatch and place a divider possibly down to 1/3.

...Ralph

Bill63SG
06-29-2014, 07:14 PM
take a sponge from the 75,preferably the smallest,and put it in the 29.Move the pair and the cone into it,let them settle in.dont worry about moving the cone with eggs.See if you can confirm first.It has taken usally 3-4 weeks for a pair of mine to lay after a move,but have also had it happen in what I cal the "Oh Sh1t"were going to die,better lay,and doit it in a day or 2.Also you have crazy filtration on a 75.Drop it to 2 sponges and 1 caniter,and use the others to start another 75.

ronald sherman
06-29-2014, 07:27 PM
bill this pr has confirmed several times but because they do in such a large tank I lose them or they get lost where they are on the other side of the tank even just 3 day's ago when I did 75% water change there was 5 fry the size of guppyies swimming around I already bought abd was del aqua-bite so I can start feeding them once sucessful

ronald sherman
06-29-2014, 07:32 PM
I have two 75 gallon's btw each with discus the other tank has 2 sponges and 2 back of tank filter's

ronald sherman
06-29-2014, 07:36 PM
they will hatch as they have for the 4th time guar in the 24 hr's I 'm just debateing what will be my most change for success this time as I was hit badly on a bike by a car and very hard making important decision's due too the medication I'm taking

nc0gnet0
06-29-2014, 09:13 PM
Move the pair and the eggs into the 29 gallon tank. Screen the eggs. Cross fingers. Enjoy.

-Rick

ronald sherman
06-29-2014, 10:45 PM
tank you so very much but it a tank that hasn't been used in 1.5 i ran PP threw the tank for 12 hr's as it was a used so in 10 x cleaner than egg on there 3 day ready too go wiggler's so feel because of the size of tank and having tank full with 8 discus was impossible to be in any shame or clean the 29 gal there ready too get moved too you don't think it will case the discus too stop raiseing the egg's on the breeding cone think's so much exactly was i was hopeing too hear

nc0gnet0
06-29-2014, 10:51 PM
I'm sorry but I did not understand that.

rickmiles
06-30-2014, 04:07 AM
you don't think it will case the discus too stop raiseing the egg's on the breeding cone

Maybe...Maybe not.

If you can, do what Rick said
Move the pair and the eggs into the 29 gallon tank. Screen the eggs. Cross fingers. Enjoy.

At least you and the pair will ready the next time they spawn.

Rick M

RogueDiscus
06-30-2014, 06:07 PM
Don't worry about this batch. Establish the new preferred environment for the pair and plan for next time.
Steve