PDA

View Full Version : I got freswiming fry now what ?

efrenvillegas
06-30-2014, 04:36 PM
I got a pair of snow leooards from sunrise Discus 2 months ago
And Now they got freswiming fry
They began swiming 4 hours ago
I see them near the tank walls and the parents going after them
They take some fry in the mouth and split them i Also see some fry picking from the parents sides but just for a small time
Is This Ok ?

John_Nicholson
06-30-2014, 05:03 PM
So far so good. Give it a little time and see if the fry attach.

-john

RogueDiscus
06-30-2014, 05:56 PM
If I dare add to what John wrote (I bow before his infinite experience:)), sounds like they're doing well, not clumped on the bottom of the tank, the parents are cleaning them, and some have started pecking at the parents, aka, attaching! Leave them alone and give them a day or two to all attach. Others should chime in, but I don't change water for this period. Good luck!
Steve

I got a pair of snow leooards from sunrise Discus 2 months ago
And Now they got freswiming fry
They began swiming 4 hours ago
I see them near the tank walls and the parents going after them
They take some fry in the mouth and split them i Also see some fry picking from the parents sides but just for a small time
Is This Ok ?

efrenvillegas
06-30-2014, 06:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFN56DGddys

efrenvillegas
06-30-2014, 06:27 PM
thanks a lot

RogueDiscus
06-30-2014, 06:31 PM
Nice pair!

Altum Nut
06-30-2014, 06:41 PM
Looks great...however I would pull the breeding cone as the fry are likely attracted to the dark surface.
Just a thought.

...Ralph

John_Nicholson
06-30-2014, 07:04 PM
There are lots of "tricks' that can be used if the fry to not attach but I prefer to not pull anything on the first couple of times. If the pair proves that they need the extra care then do it but until they prove it I usually let them go. If they fail they will spawn back in short order and then you cn take more extreme steps.

-john

efrenvillegas
06-30-2014, 08:16 PM
thanks to all of you i will wait