PDA

View Full Version : BTW, on my 5-6 day of countless of fry being attached too the parent

ronald sherman
07-06-2014, 08:25 PM
this is the first time of getting this far and I learned something very disturbing that will save me of this batch as well as many in the future many of lose. while I was doing my daily water change taking out the sponge filter cleaning the bottom and sides, for the first time since trying too breed them I moved the breeding cone as they were all attached too both parent OMG, there had too be over 100 dead fry the size of the free swimming as I counting them while sucking them up then I removed it cleaned it real well abd placed it back in the rank only too find out how they were getting inside 3 more swim in at the very top of the cone as there is such a small hole too small too place a air tube in, obvious a very bad design, in a few week's I will have too get a few from barb, when I noticed this I removed the cone for now but for the next round in a week or two I plan too use a metal knife and try too make this hole larger is this small hole suppose too be there?

sdrexler078
07-06-2014, 08:34 PM
Some have a hole on top to allow air out