PDA

View Full Version : Color enhancers

J.M Discus
07-10-2014, 01:50 PM
I have kept discus for some time but they were only blue diamonds.A couple of days ago i got a few discus more.This was my first time trying different color discus and species. I got 1 blue diamond, 1 red/orange white face and a yellow white face and a blue/red leopard skin.After buying them i started to read more on them.I learned that some food enhance specific colors.My questions are

1. What food enhance yellow,red, and blue?
2.Wont enhancing a color affect the other discs that i don't want to enhance? If so what can i do to enhance the colors with out affecting or changing their colors?:confused::confused::confused:

Todaydiscus
07-11-2014, 08:45 PM
I have kept discus for some time but they were only blue diamonds.A couple of days ago i got a few discus more.This was my first time trying different color discus and species. I got 1 blue diamond, 1 red/orange white face and a yellow white face and a blue/red leopard skin.After buying them i started to read more on them.I learned that some food enhance specific colors.My questions are

1. What food enhance yellow,red, and blue?
2.Wont enhancing a color affect the other discs that i don't want to enhance? If so what can i do to enhance the colors with out affecting or changing their colors?:confused::confused::confused:

You should not keep blue, yellow with the red together feeding with red enhancing food.

Your blue may turn into purple color and your yellow may become red orange in color.

Blue , yellow and white should keep alone if you intent to feed red color enhancer.

J.M Discus
07-12-2014, 08:19 PM
I have been told that i should keep a steady diet of mixed up enhancers so their colors don't change but thanks

J.M Discus
07-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Does anyone know what enhances yellow? I have heard Brine shrimp, bloodworms, and ColorBites will help is that true?

Argentum
07-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Even the slightest of red enhancer on yellow discus will turn them orange/red

carophyll pink enhances red

Carophyll yellow enhances yellow

Spirulina will enhance green/ blue

astaxanthin generally enhances all colors, but i would not use it on yellow as well

J.M Discus
07-14-2014, 03:45 PM
ok thanks i will keep a good watch on him and make sure i know what is any new food i start to feed him,but so far for 1 week he is doing good and so are the rest.