PDA

View Full Version : Marineland canister filter change?

Maura_Paz
07-15-2014, 02:32 PM
How often should I change the filter?? I was given the canister with very poor instructions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doublediscusjack
07-15-2014, 02:54 PM
If it is a Marineland magnum 250/350, and probably all others in their line, you change the filter cartridge when it is plugged up and the filter starts to labor; sound like it is working hard to keep up with the workload. You clean it the way it says in instructions. If you do a google search online, for manual on your model Marineland, you will find places where you can download instructions.

Maura_Paz
07-15-2014, 05:21 PM
I will do the search! I haven't cleaned it and it's giving me anxiety. Thank you =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OC Discus
07-15-2014, 05:56 PM
I use the micron filter and clean it with bleach every two weeks. It comes with instructions for bleaching. I also clean my filter floss every one to two weeks- Take it out, put clean ones in, rinse them under hot water, put them in bleach solution to soak- it wont hurt them to soak even for a week. Take them out and rinse in clean water. I soak mine in clean water for a few days to a week, then lay them out to dry. Just have clean replacements ready at water change time.