PDA

View Full Version : Most desired strain

fishyj
07-19-2014, 04:59 PM
I have been looking at many of the strains that are out there trying to figure out which ones to get. What are some of the most desired besides the wilds. I will be starting with a 55 and upgrading to a 90 plus tank.

rickztahone
07-19-2014, 05:52 PM
Its too personal of a question to give you an answer to your question. Seriously, just go with what appeals to you.

Skip
07-19-2014, 06:05 PM
I have been looking at many of the strains that are out there trying to figure out which ones to get. What are some of the most desired besides the wilds. I will be starting with a 55 and upgrading to a 90 plus tank.

Fish in everyone else's tank but yours..

But for real. . There is no universally wanted strain.. lol

brewmaster15
07-19-2014, 09:37 PM
Jim,
Whats YOUR favorite strain ? :)

If you mean to ask whats the most expensive strains, that something that is easily researched.... but the most desired strains change year to year and from person to person. This year its Red Turqs for me...But my friend Pat has a thing for wilds, and another friend, Ryan, has a thing for white butterflies and ghosts. Its just not something you can answer when you ask about "most desired"

-al

Second Hand Pat
07-19-2014, 10:04 PM
Jim, this is definitely as personal choice and my favorite is wild discus as Al mentioned. If you like the look of wilds but do not want wilds there are domestic strains which resemble wilds.
Pat

kkdiscus
07-20-2014, 04:20 AM
Yesterday was pigeon blood, today was red turq, tomorrow is going to be rafflesia. what's after that?

fishyj
07-20-2014, 10:24 AM
Ok, I got it. Just so many to choose from. I can see why people end up with fish rooms and many tanks.

wild-blue-discus
07-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Ok, I got it. Just so many to choose from. I can see why people end up with fish rooms and many tanks.

amen to that brother

Crockett
07-20-2014, 07:26 PM
While I agree that tastes change as to favorite strains, however I think that most people (not all) really like Wayne NG's Blue Knights. Whenever they are offered, they sell out very quickly. But I haven't seen them offered for quite some time. Amazing strain IMO.

Quintin
07-21-2014, 03:03 AM
Be on the safe side and get a tank of each LOL.For me it would be any yellow discus regardless of the strain.