PDA

View Full Version : well sorry but need help again

ronald sherman
07-26-2014, 03:48 AM
going too try this 2, or 3 more times, then put the pair back in cummuntity tank again. anyway long story short after having 1 someone success attempt managing too attachment I seem too lose the batch after about 12- 14 day, free swimming and parent's seem too be eating fry removed the male as I thought it was just him then saw female pick up 5-6 free swimming and not spit them out I panic and went too remove female guess I should of did it the other way around as most were still attached too her 5-6 died within 1-2 hr's then each day a few died rill only 1 left for 1 week then he died anyway they were in 75 gallon half filled and divider then, I moved them and sunday will be 1 week since they lied egg's all hatch, in 29 gallon, now this is where I have problem's thick I might lose this batch even know all alive on cone 2 question what the longest time it should take 4 free swimming as I have 2 problem now the parent's are not very happy in this small tank exsp after egg's were laid. they bumped into cone twice egg's went everywhere twice. now they won't even let me do a water change about 24 hr's ago managed too get 1 in but the female would go after the water changer and bang into many times I made a big mistake placing canister filter on living in on only 15- 20 min then off 1 hr, I may have too let this 1 go if female doesn't calm down in next 24 hr's

nc0gnet0
07-26-2014, 09:55 AM
If your losing fry 12-14 days into free swimming/attachment, the issue is almost always water quality.

If you need to remove one of the parents, the male is almost always the better parent (there are exceptions), so remove the female.

Position the cone on one end of the tank, with the sponge on the other end. This will give you more of a buffer zone when doing water changes. Be carefull and move slow.

You should be using a sponge filter in a breeding tank, not a canister filter.

You need to be feeding newly hatched brine shrimp starting at or around day 3-4. are you?

-Rick