PDA

View Full Version : RAPID SHAKING... Need to be alarmed?

flame83
08-03-2014, 01:41 PM
Good morning guys(pst) just a question in regards to this weird behavior.. Sudden seizure-like Movements.. Or rapid shaking ... Is this something i need to be alarmed about? Worried about this.This was after my WC . I did a large wc cause i was busy with work for 3 days.. Felt bad for the juvies About the overdue wc.. I was pretty sure they were begging for wc on the 3rd day .. PLEASE HELP .. Thanks.

Keith Perkins
08-03-2014, 02:11 PM
That's usually pre-spawning activity.

ronald sherman
08-03-2014, 02:13 PM
wow I wish I knew that as a day before the fry started getting eaten the mother was doing exactly the same thing that would of been a warning sign for me but luckly I noticed with 20 or so left

greenphantom1994
08-03-2014, 02:23 PM
one of my discus is doing the exact same thing for around a week. what should I do?? what do I do if I notice fry??

Keith Perkins
08-03-2014, 03:06 PM
wow I wish I knew that as a day before the fry started getting eaten the mother was doing exactly the same thing that would of been a warning sign for me but luckly I noticed with 20 or so left

20 or so is kind of a pain in the neck number of fry, especially for a beginner. It's hardly enough to bother with, but too many to make it easy to scrap them and move on.

one of my discus is doing the exact same thing for around a week. what should I do?? what do I do if I notice fry??

Relax, watch carefully, and let nature take it's course. Oh, and go to the breeding section and read up.

nc0gnet0
08-03-2014, 03:44 PM

Discus with fry shake all the time, its their way of attracting the fry.

Second Hand Pat
08-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Guys, lets get back on course with this thread :D

brewmaster15
08-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Guys,
I've deleted the last few posts....You guys are welcome to carry on in private.

-al

flame83
08-04-2014, 04:27 AM
That's usually pre-spawning activity.

Oh wow ..! Yayks ... Im not ready for babies ... Hahah..!!! Haha..

John_Nicholson
08-04-2014, 08:35 AM
Oh wow ..! Yayks ... Im not ready for babies ... Hahah..!!! Haha..

Just because they want to spawn does not mean you will get babies. I would just let it go and not worry about it.

Good luck.

-john

flame83
08-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Just because they want to spawn does not mean you will get babies. I would just let it go and not worry about it.

Good luck.

-john

As always John.. Thank you sir ...