PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk issues on the Forum, please read..

brewmaster15
08-07-2014, 10:01 PM
We have been experiencing some issues with Tapatalk lately that have been getting worse and prevalent as time goes by. In order to try and pin point whats happening and why we will be making changing to tapatalk settings on the forum. For the time being , This should not affect most user groups here, but may affect some. If you can not log into SimplyDiscus with your tapatalk app, please notify us here. You will still have full access to the forum by launching a browser on your phone or tablet.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but we take the security of the forum very serious and the current issues we are seeing are troubling enough to warrant this approach.

Post more as we know more.

ps..if anyone is reading this as a guest /unregistered member and wants to register, please do so with a browser , not tapatalk as that had been disabled.

Best always,
Al

Vish
08-16-2014, 11:24 AM
Hello Al,

I am having issues with logging into SD with the Tapatalk app. Can you look into this please?

Thanks,
Vishal

Second Hand Pat
08-16-2014, 11:28 AM
Hi Vishal, since you are a new member (due to number of posts) you will need to use a native browser until your post count is 11 or greater and you are promoted to a registered member.
Thanks,
Pat

Vish
08-24-2014, 01:28 PM
I see, this seems to be a recent policy change as I was able to access SD through Tapatalk before. Anyways, thanks for your help, I'll check again when my post count is 11.

Rudustin
08-24-2014, 05:06 PM
Vish, Hope you are successful. I had to reload my tap talk app that I originally had because the old one suddenly sent a pop up window that stated that I had not given the app a proper email address. I spoke to Pat about it because normally I send all my photos from my phone directly to tap talk and then to SD. I deleted the app and because I had already purchased it Pat suggested that I go to already purchased section of my apps and reload. It worked. Hopefully the only thing wrong for you was that you didn't have enough posts but you might want to reload the app like I did and see if that works. If you were connecting to SD before through tap talk then maybe they have done something wrong in the last update. Take care. Rufus

Aman32
08-24-2014, 07:39 PM
hi, cant login to tapatalk. Says i'm not allowed. Weird because i've been using it for a few months.

Second Hand Pat
08-24-2014, 07:58 PM
hi, cant login to tapatalk. Says i'm not allowed. Weird because i've been using it for a few months.

Try again now that you are a registered member.

Jimambroz
08-26-2014, 10:22 PM
Where do I go to see if I have my 11 posts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second Hand Pat
08-26-2014, 10:45 PM
Hi Jim, if you look under your username you will see "Posts" with the number 19. So you are currently a registered member. Are you having issues?
Pat

Vish
08-27-2014, 11:25 PM
Vish, Hope you are successful. I had to reload my tap talk app that I originally had because the old one suddenly sent a pop up window that stated that I had not given the app a proper email address. I spoke to Pat about it because normally I send all my photos from my phone directly to tap talk and then to SD. I deleted the app and because I had already purchased it Pat suggested that I go to already purchased section of my apps and reload. It worked. Hopefully the only thing wrong for you was that you didn't have enough posts but you might want to reload the app like I did and see if that works. If you were connecting to SD before through tap talk then maybe they have done something wrong in the last update. Take care. Rufus

I think it's due to insufficient posts, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app without luck.

Second Hand Pat
08-27-2014, 11:30 PM
I think it's due to insufficient posts, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app without luck.

Hi Vish, in your case this is true. Please use a native browser until you are promoted to a registered member which happens at or over 11 posts. Rudustin's situation was a bit different.

Phreeflow
09-23-2014, 11:29 PM
Tapatalk wont let me login to simply discus. Help

Second Hand Pat
09-23-2014, 11:41 PM
Tapatalk wont let me login to simply discus. Help

Use a native browser until you are a registered member. Once you have 11 posts you will be promoted to a registered member and may resume using Tapatalk.

Phreeflow
09-24-2014, 12:13 AM
Use a native browser until you are a registered member. Once you have 11 posts you will be promoted to a registered member and may resume using Tapatalk.

Got it...thx

Jack Goh
10-10-2014, 02:21 AM
Thanks. Now then I know why I can't access by tapatalk.

Second Hand Pat
10-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Thanks. Now then I know why I can't access by tapatalk.

Hi Jack, you are now a registered member and can resume using Tapatalk.
Pat

Jack Goh
10-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Hi Jack, you are now a registered member and can resume using Tapatalk.
Pat
Yeah thanks. Reply by tapatalk.

bwagner
10-26-2014, 12:43 AM
Very useful thread, thanks.

treylcham
10-26-2014, 08:34 PM
Last week I could no log in but this keep I have had no problems.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Second Hand Pat
10-26-2014, 08:36 PM
Last week I could no log in but this keep I have had no problems.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

That is because you are now a registered member vs a new member.

Aman32
12-30-2014, 11:36 PM
I can't log in on tapatalk on my new iPhone. Help pls.

Second Hand Pat
12-30-2014, 11:43 PM
I can't log in on tapatalk on my new iPhone. Help pls.

Please read this http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?117420-URGENT-NOTICE-Tapatalk-is-no-longer-availible-for-security-reasons