PDA

View Full Version : advice needed

twocat
08-11-2014, 10:37 PM
OK, don't laugh. A pair laid eggs and I have four fry that have attached. The fry are 10 days old and are not showing much interest in bbs. They are all over the parents and look very healthy. The parents have just laid a new set of eggs on the glass. I plan on trying to move the four fry in three days in order to make sure they hatch out and totry to save the new set of eggs / fry. Any advice?

Mark

Keith Perkins
08-11-2014, 10:46 PM
I wouldn't be too worried about the new spawn, the parents are much more likely to choose to care for new spawn versus the current 4 fry. Often when the parents perceive the current fry as a threat to the new spawn they eliminate the threat. If you want to try to save the 4 fry, I'd pull them sooner rather than later. You might get lucky though and they care for all of them, it does happen,.

Good luck.

Allwin
08-11-2014, 11:32 PM
I wouldn't be too worried about the new spawn, the parents are much more likely to choose to care for new spawn versus the current 4 fry. Often when the parents perceive the current fry as a threat to the new spawn they eliminate the threat. If you want to try to save the 4 fry, I'd pull them sooner rather than later. You might get lucky though and they care for all of them, it does happen,.

Good luck.
+1

frys can disappear anytime. If u really like those 4frys, coffee filter is one option I would try starting to growout them.