PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted you all to know I went to bat for you!!!

Sandy Clay
09-12-2014, 12:51 PM
Somebody on facebook was trash talking about you guys . Said you don't know what you are talking about. Claims you over feed juvies and make them fatter than they need to be, and the water changes are not necessary. Well...I set them suckers straight!:) You know it never ceases to amaze me the people who don't have a "clue" and swear by it. Not just about fish, but, things in general. I have a lot to learn and will always try to get both sides of a story or information before I draw a conclusion. Just sayin :bandana:

nc0gnet0
09-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Cut us some slack, were still learning :)

Rudustin
09-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Cut us some slack, were still learning :) So true! Rufus

YSS
09-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Everything is relative...

Ryan
09-12-2014, 04:03 PM
I was banned from a popular European discus group/chat room once because I explained fishless cycling. They said I was a troll who was trying to poison people's fish, even though it's specifically called a fishless cycle for a reason.

Anyway, you know what they say about opinions. ;) The only proof you need is to look at the pictures of discus raised by our members versus discus raised by those who shun the advice here, and usually (not always) you'll clearly see the difference.

There are people out there who claim an adult oscar is fine in a 55 gallon tank, and laugh at cichlid sites which suggest otherwise. This doesn't just happen in the discus hobby.

DISCUS STU
09-12-2014, 04:04 PM
and the water changes are not necessary.

I'm laughin!!! :)

John_Nicholson
09-12-2014, 04:05 PM
Just invite them to a NADA show to show people their results and then let them decide who's methods work best.

-john

YSS
09-12-2014, 08:38 PM
water changes are not necessary.

I'm laughin!!! :)

I am sure this was taken out of context ...

rickztahone
09-12-2014, 10:04 PM
Many people consider what they are doing right because their discus may reach 3 or maybe 4 inches max. They probably don't know that a discus can get to over 7", because if they did, they probably wouldn't bad mouth us here, they would be taking notes, lol. They always come around.

musicmarn1
09-13-2014, 01:27 AM
Cut us some slack, were still learning :)

*snicker* lololol seriously i was eating nuts.....it wasnt pretty and i like to be pretty :gorgeous:

jds1990
09-13-2014, 11:10 PM
Forums are very useful because you find a group of passionate people about an awesome topic. Well besides gsxr forums. When I got my first motorcycle people were total dicks. Wouldn't return to that site ever. People here are helpful and will explain what you're doing is right/wrong in a nice way. Listen to those who know and you won't have to learn the hard way.

tonytheboss1
09-14-2014, 10:09 PM
Just invite them to a NADA show to show people their results and then let them decide who's methods work best.

-john

There ya go. The proof requires no words!!

Sandy Clay
09-15-2014, 02:22 PM
The proof is in the pudding as mom used to say :)