PDA

View Full Version : Hows my discus diet

jbcfc
09-20-2014, 02:54 PM
Hi all, was after some feedback on my discus diet, i have a 750 litre unplanted with 11 sub adult fish, i consider my fish happy and healthy due to spawning activity, daily water changes of 50% and what i consider imo to be quality food, my question is though all my fish devour all the foods given with the exclusion of none am i over doing the variety, frozen fbh daily, live brineshrimp, fd bloodworm, fd blackworm, beefheart flake, brineshrimp flake, bloodworm flake and blackworm flake any thoughts ????

timmy82
09-20-2014, 04:58 PM
That is a variety their, you seem to be doing a good job with them in all. Sounds like they still have some growing so I would more focus on the high prtien foods and drop out the blood worm and part of the flake foods and just stick to the Freeze dried as well as BH as they have all the goods needed retained in the FD process.

jbcfc
09-20-2014, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the reply, so drop the fd bloodworm but which part of the flake ?? Protoen wise bh flake 48%, bshrimp flake 48%, blackworm flake 50%, bloodworm flake 38% (guess this is the one to drop) lol

timmy82
09-20-2014, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the reply, so drop the fd bloodworm but which part of the flake ?? Protoen wise bh flake 48%, bshrimp flake 48%, blackworm flake 50%, bloodworm flake 38% (guess this is the one to drop) lol
I would drop the blood worm flake and probably the BBS flake. I would more focus on the freeze dried stuff and frozen BH mix they would have better benifits than a heap of flake foods.

jbcfc
09-21-2014, 08:11 AM
Ok thanks for the advice :D