PDA

View Full Version : Hi!!

TNT77
10-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Ive been long out of touch with everyone. I just wanted to update everyone on how things were going here find out how everyone was doing. Ive been busy with accounting :computer:, horses, sick dog, family, fish, farm work, and a website business lol. I bought a new reining prospect a while ago that Ive been putting a ton of time into.
Dun Smokin The Pipe aka Piper. I need to get a new pic now that she is all slicked out, cleaned and fitted up she looks like a hairy mountain pony in this one.
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/tbennett77/0402141501a_zps3af5ea8c.jpg (http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/tbennett77/media/0402141501a_zps3af5ea8c.jpg.html)
My dog was diagnosed with degenerative myelopathy 3 months ago and that has been a hard expensive struggle so far. Anyone with a dog with this the HelpEmUp harness is a god send.
Harley
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/tbennett77/0328131728c_zpsbb79111b.jpg (http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/tbennett77/media/0328131728c_zpsbb79111b.jpg.html)

Kal-El
10-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Long time Tara... Good to see you haven't left the forum but still keeping busy... Hopefully we can start seeing you bring in more discus to share with Simply. As for your pic above you don't need to HTML source code to post picture on the forum. Just the url using "url".

rickztahone
10-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Welcome back. I am sorry that you are going through the illness situation with your dog. I've had a dog in the hospital for a few days and it was nerve-wrecking for me.

Good luck in all your ventures :)

discuspaul
10-06-2014, 07:09 PM
Nice to hear from you & see you back in action on simply - it's been a while.
Sorry to hear about your dog's problem - I had 2 dogs that both needed to be put down for health reasons that couldn't be fixed, so I know how you're feeling.

Ryan
10-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Tara, we've spoken by email and I know you've been swamped. I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles with your dog. Be sure to make some time for yourself, a little R&R does wonders!

John_Nicholson
10-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Sorry about your dog but congrats on the horse. I am expecting 2 foals this spring. The genetics should work out to one buckskin and one palomino.

-john

TNT77
10-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Long time Tara... Good to see you haven't left the forum but still keeping busy... Hopefully we can start seeing you bring in more discus to share with Simply. As for your pic above you don't need to HTML source code to post picture on the forum. Just the url using "url".
Ive cut down to only a couple pairs for now and my batches are all presold. I hope to get some more going later on but for now I dont want to do more than I can handle. I did correct the code as soon as I looked at my post. :)

Discus-n00b
10-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Welcome back Tara!

TNT77
10-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Sorry about your dog but congrats on the horse. I am expecting 2 foals this spring. The genetics should work out to one buckskin and one palomino.

-john
Good luck on the births and let me know how they turn out. Buckskins can be tricky devils to get the genetics right on unless the sires are gene typed. :) I miss foaling out horses. Such a wonderful experience when everything goes well.

Wes
10-06-2014, 07:41 PM
Tara, Glad to see you back on the site.

Second Hand Pat
10-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Hi Tara, nice to see you online. Piper looks great and really sorry to hear about Harley. I read up a bit on degenerative myelopathy and sounds like the dog gets worse over time :(

Hope you get online more often. Miss not having you around.

Pat

Bill63SG
10-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Hey Tara,glad to see you back.

musicmarn1
10-06-2014, 10:20 PM
Nice to see a horsey post !!! i got all excited, but on the dog front i could not be more sorry, i just had a suspected mast cell tumor checked out today, waiting on the results, my 11 year old Rottweiller im a dog trainer and he has stopped every aggressive dog in the last decade of being together, so i dont know what to do withmyself right now, i cant even tell you how sorry i feel for you, because no words are good enough.

Lets talk horses! Foals?!?! John, thats awesome, i am really looking for a third horse, been a few months seen one QH i love, my other two are mustang mixes, the one i raised and imprinted from a foal, is spanish mustang (for real lol) x andalusian, he is a fatty but i worship him, your new prospect looks really nicely put together for a reining prospect, please keep us updated.

John_Nicholson
10-07-2014, 08:31 AM
Good luck on the births and let me know how they turn out. Buckskins can be tricky devils to get the genetics right on unless the sires are gene typed. :) I miss foaling out horses. Such a wonderful experience when everything goes well.

The sire is a perlino so he is incapable of throwing bays, sorrels, etc... The mare is a bay that I raised. Her mother was a bay also. There is a chance that she would throw a palomino but it is fairly low. The other mare is a sorrel out of sorrels. She has a blazed face and four white feet. I expect a high colored baby out of her.

-john

nwehrman
10-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Tara - Great to hear from you .... Exciting about the horse and sorry about the Dog! Keep in touch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disgirl
10-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Hi Tara, welcome back, hope to see you here as you have time. You sure keep busy I see!
Barb

Skip
10-07-2014, 05:53 PM
YEA!! TARA IS BACK!!

TNT77
10-08-2014, 08:19 PM
A new pic of Piper. Alot less hairy and way more fit looking.
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/tbennett77/1007141550_zpsa404f21f.jpg (http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/tbennett77/media/1007141550_zpsa404f21f.jpg.html)

TNT77
10-08-2014, 08:23 PM
Nice to see a horsey post !!! i got all excited, but on the dog front i could not be more sorry, i just had a suspected mast cell tumor checked out today, waiting on the results, my 11 year old Rottweiller im a dog trainer and he has stopped every aggressive dog in the last decade of being together, so i dont know what to do withmyself right now, i cant even tell you how sorry i feel for you, because no words are good enough.

Lets talk horses! Foals?!?! John, thats awesome, i am really looking for a third horse, been a few months seen one QH i love, my other two are mustang mixes, the one i raised and imprinted from a foal, is spanish mustang (for real lol) x andalusian, he is a fatty but i worship him, your new prospect looks really nicely put together for a reining prospect, please keep us updated.
So sorry to hear about the rott. I hope you hear good news. I lost my last shepherd to cancer so I feel for you.

TNT77
10-08-2014, 08:33 PM
The sire is a perlino so he is incapable of throwing bays, sorrels, etc... The mare is a bay that I raised. Her mother was a bay also. There is a chance that she would throw a palomino but it is fairly low. The other mare is a sorrel out of sorrels. She has a blazed face and four white feet. I expect a high colored baby out of her.

-john
You should definitely get a buckskin or palomino with a small chance for black from the sorrel. Buckskin with a small chance for a palomino or black also from your bay mare if I remember my genetics correctly.

TNT77
10-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Hi Tara, nice to see you online. Piper looks great and really sorry to hear about Harley. I read up a bit on degenerative myelopathy and sounds like the dog gets worse over time :(

Hope you get online more often. Miss not having you around.

Pat
DM isn't good. Its sad to see how fast its progressing. We are trying some new treatments to try and slow it down but so far it doesn't seem to help much. Its heartbreaking to see your dog fall down just trying to walk a straight line or while doing a slow simple turn. I have already made some hard decisions on how far I'm going to let it progress. I wont let her live each day paralyzed till her organs start shutting down she is too great of a dog to diminish her life to that.

TNT77
10-08-2014, 08:51 PM
She still loves her gator rides even though she needs help to get to her seat. :)
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/tbennett77/0930141250a_zpsfdc1eb63.jpg (http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/tbennett77/media/0930141250a_zpsfdc1eb63.jpg.html)

Second Hand Pat
10-08-2014, 08:56 PM
DM isn't good. Its sad to see how fast its progressing. We are trying some new treatments to try and slow it down but so far it doesn't seem to help much. Its heartbreaking to see your dog fall down just trying to walk a straight line or while doing a slow simple turn. I have already made some hard decisions on how far I'm going to let it progress. I wont let her live each day paralyzed till her organs start shutting down she is too great of a dog to diminish her life to that.

Tara, we put our shepherd down when she was 14. Her hind end became unusable to the point where we supported her to go to the bathroom. Now this was due to age but not fun to watch :). Hoping for many good days for you and Harley.

TNT77
10-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Tara, we put our shepherd down when she was 14. Her hind end became unusable to the point where we supported her to go to the bathroom. Now this was due to age but not fun to watch :). Hoping for many good days for you and Harley.
She is a wonderful dog and does something silly each and every day to brighten it. Like walk into the office while I'm working squeaking her loudest toy to get attention or wake me up at 3am for a treat lol. At least this isn't a painful disease so I know she isn't suffering every day. And I think it scares me more than her when she falls down except the times she needs me to help get her up.

Second Hand Pat
10-08-2014, 09:35 PM
She is a wonderful dog and does something silly each and every day to brighten it. Like walk into the office while I'm working squeaking her loudest toy to get attention or wake me up at 3am for a treat lol. At least this isn't a painful disease so I know she isn't suffering every day. And I think it scares me more than her when she falls down except the times she needs me to help get her up.

One day at a time Tara. I still miss Duch but I now have Belle the lab and little gypsy so I happy. Duch has been gone five years now. :(

blueluv
10-08-2014, 11:53 PM
Pat, Tara

You guys are breaking my heart , sorry to hear about both you alls dogs. I too lost a brown lab I had as a kid , she left puppies behind wich I bottle raised. I currently have a 6 year old Shih Tzu. It's amazing how we love our dogs and treat them as part of the family.

Sandy Clay
10-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Glad to hear you have been busy Tara! Sorry to hear about you dog :( I don't know how you could possibly have had time for anything else with all those fish tanks :)

musicmarn1
10-09-2014, 10:26 PM
She is just a beautiful dog Tara ! the new horse is looking awesome too :) both lucky to have such a great Mom !

John_Nicholson
10-10-2014, 08:17 AM
A new pic of Piper. Alot less hairy and way more fit looking.
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/tbennett77/1007141550_zpsa404f21f.jpg (http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/tbennett77/media/1007141550_zpsa404f21f.jpg.html)

Nice. How tall is she?

-john

TNT77
10-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Nice. How tall is she?

-john
14.1 I believe. I would have to stick her to be accurate though I doubt she would be any taller than that.

brewmaster15
10-11-2014, 12:08 PM
HI Tara!!

Great Seeing you back on Simply Again! It Does sound like you are keeping busy! Be sure to take care of yourselve as well as you are all else.. You've been missed.
Best always,
Al