PDA

View Full Version : How long do baby brine shrimp last?

Cabe
10-24-2014, 10:50 AM
I plan on feeding bbs using a straw with my finger over the end. If I feed them some and there are more shrimp at the bottom of my bottle, can I turn the pump back on and save the remaining bbs for later that day?

Cabe
10-24-2014, 07:00 PM
Or to phrase it better. .do I have to feed them all at once?

discuspaul
10-24-2014, 07:48 PM
I plan on feeding bbs using a straw with my finger over the end. If I feed them some and there are more shrimp at the bottom of my bottle, can I turn the pump back on and save the remaining bbs for later that day?

You sure can.
BBS will last for days kept in a container or jar of their saline water.

Cabe
10-24-2014, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the reply!

Keith Perkins
10-25-2014, 08:02 PM
They will last, but they're way more nutritious right about at the 24 hour mark. From that point you would be better off feeding them all at once or freezing the rest.

I'd suggest using a baste r rather than a straw, I think you will find it easier.

Larry Bugg
10-25-2014, 08:10 PM
They will last, but they're way more nutritious right about at the 24 hour mark. From that point you would be better off feeding them all at once or freezing the rest.

I'd suggest using a baste r rather than a straw, I think you will find it easier.

Agreed. They loose most of their nutritional value by around 6 hours after hatching. At this time they have consumed their egg sac which contains the nutrition. Some people will put the left overs in the fridge to slow down their metabolism and add a little more time.

John_Nicholson
10-26-2014, 11:19 AM
Feed them all at once. As was said above they become fairly useless fairly quick.

-john