PDA

View Full Version : Pellets and flakes

torch
10-25-2014, 07:50 PM
Is it possible to only feed pellets and flake foe to 3 to 3.5 size discus? Also how times to feed adults?

DiscusLoverJeff
10-26-2014, 07:40 AM
Pellets and flakes are fine but for optimal grow-out, you need foods which are high in protein. Al's Freeze Dried Blackworms (http://www.aquaticsuppliers.com/) are a great source of protein. Or if you are ambitious enough, make your own beefheart mix (use the search feature here and find out more about beefheart and recipes).

Feeding the 3 to 3.5" fish, I usually feed 6 times a day. My adults I feed 3 times a day.

John_Nicholson
10-26-2014, 11:12 AM
It depends on your goals. If you want them to reach their full potential than I would say no. I dn't think it is enough. I feed my own BH mix twice a day to everything that ZI own. I change 50% of the water daily.

-john

DISCUS STU
10-27-2014, 12:34 PM
High protein foods; check the ingredients and nutritional content on the container and lots of clean water for good growout.

If you're into it, I'd recommend making your own beefheart/turkey heart to save money. It takes a little effort but is something you may do once or twice a year.

John_Nicholson
10-27-2014, 01:15 PM
"It takes a little effort but is something you may do once or twice a year. "...LOL...I wish...I make about 20 pounds a month......Maybe I just have to many fish.............

-john