PDA

View Full Version : artificially raising, food options?

courtanee
10-26-2014, 01:15 AM
Hi everyone,
first post here. Hoping to get some good advice. A pigeon blood pair have been consistently eating their eggs and wigglers. Going to give artificially raising a try and so my question is:
what foods are fed at what times, once their free swimming when do you start feeding live foods and such? Also, will discus fry eat the bottled rotifers? I dont have a whole lot of space for live cultures. Any suggestions on what to feed and for how long?
Thanks for all the words of wisdom!!

tiSherman
10-26-2014, 01:43 AM
Not both parents eat them, just one, male or female, you need to find out which one then remove it after egg laid ...

courtanee
10-26-2014, 02:00 AM
Not both parents eat them, just one, male or female, you need to find out which one then remove it after egg laid ...

We've set up our go pro cameras to catch whoch is doing it. It seems to be both. It varies batch to batch.

John_Nicholson
10-26-2014, 11:16 AM
Do search and find my thread on usinf the shoe box method. It is not that hard and only requires hatching out bribe shrimp. I have tried most of the normal methods and find this to be the easiest by far.

-john

Second Hand Pat
10-26-2014, 11:20 AM
Do search and find my thread on usinf the shoe box method. It is not that hard and only requires hatching out bribe shrimp. I have tried most of the normal methods and find this to be the easiest by far.

-john

Here's the thread John is referring to http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?115923-Raising-fry-in-a-shoe-box&highlight=shoe+box :)