PDA

View Full Version : Fcdiscus!!!

jeep
10-26-2014, 01:17 AM
I don't know if there are any discus wars still going on, but Frank Cottone was always there to get his point acros s, no matter who's side you were on. He was also a very kind and generous discus fanatic who was always one of the first to stand up and help anyone who needed help or advise in caring for their discus...

Frank passed away last week for reasons unknown. His obituary was short and to the point, just like he was, but he will always be one of my favorite discus buddies...:angel:

http://www.tributes.com/show/Frank-A.-Cottone-94604533

Second Hand Pat
10-26-2014, 08:22 AM
Sorry to hear. It hurts to lose a dear friend. RIP Frank.
Pat

Tad
10-29-2014, 01:41 PM
Hi Brian,
Actually Frank passed away almost 2 years ago and we just found out in the last few weeks. Frank and Vera were always quite private about their personal lives, but He was always more than happy to post on any of the Discus forums to help his fellow hobbyist full fill their dreams.
I remember first meeting him here on Simply, we became best of friends and I would actually call him my long lost "brother from a different mother" He taught me so much about breeding discus and how to raise my first batch of blue diamond fry. His motto was always keep the water changed and your tanks spotless for the healthiest of fish. His passion was to breed the red diamond pair he had bought from Dennis Hardenburger but he was never successful. He did however have a successful breeding program with his other discus that he sold and gave away many to us here on the discus forums.
What I remember the most about Frank was his ability to come on to the forum on a daily basis and put a smile on all of our faces. He was a great friend and I will always remember him as my "lil brother"

RIP Frank,
Tadducci

jeep
10-31-2014, 11:16 AM
Wow, I read that he died on October 14th, I guess I didn't check the year...