PDA

View Full Version : peat moss help.

Tormentor
10-27-2014, 05:07 AM
Hi all, Ive tried putting peat moss in my tanks before, but with no success, maybe I need it more? Well im looking to lower and soften my water the natural way, so I k ow there are alot of peat mosses for sale out there, and I'm trying to keep it withing my budget, and I k ow there are some that big store chain sale, but I'm sure if they are safe for aquarium usage, so what would be the best one to use? Thanks

nabilbb
10-27-2014, 01:04 PM
Hi all, Ive tried putting peat moss in my tanks before, but with no success, maybe I need it more? Well im looking to lower and soften my water the natural way, so I k ow there are alot of peat mosses for sale out there, and I'm trying to keep it withing my budget, and I k ow there are some that big store chain sale, but I'm sure if they are safe for aquarium usage, so what would be the best one to use? Thanks
my experience
Few years back, I wanted to do the exact same thing you wanted to do, I bought PM from LFS and put it in the filter according to the instructions. by 1am every single fish in my tank was dead

so let me ask you a question
Why do you want to lower your PH and what is the reading now?

discuspaul
10-27-2014, 01:15 PM
This thread has been closed, due to it being a duplicate of the following thread on the same subject.
Please post only one thread on each topic.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?116586-trying-out-peat-mossthread has