PDA

View Full Version : This is the true State of the Union of America!

YSS
11-05-2014, 11:37 PM
This is why we are doomed no matter who has majority in DC.

The title of the article below is:

Mitch McConnell may be the greatest strategist in contemporary politics. He beat Obama by breaking Washington.

http://www.vox.com/2014/11/4/7158293/mitch-mcconnell-strategist

Here is something to ponder. This is not anyone's fault, but it's because the system is broken. It's all about my party, never about the country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMqcLUqYqrs

John_Nicholson
11-06-2014, 09:42 AM
I don't think it is the system.....It is the misuse of the system. We have become a country of "what's in it for me" and not "What's in the best interest of people in general". We need a change. I am hoping that Dr. Ben Carson runs for the big office. I think it is time we had a political outsider sit in the oval office.

-john

YSS
11-06-2014, 10:31 AM
I don't think it is the system.....It is the misuse of the system. We have become a country of "what's in it for me" and not "What's in the best interest of people in general". We need a change. I am hoping that Dr. Ben Carson runs for the big office. I think it is time we had a political outsider sit in the oval office.

-john

Yes, it's the misuse. Our founding fathers have created a great system, but the selfishness of politicians are ruining the country. I don't think it really matters who sits in the oval office. As long as the parties are putting their interests before people's, nothing is going to change.

dkeef
11-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Ben carson may run for an office?
That would be awesome.

John_Nicholson
11-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Ben carson may run for an office?
That would be awesome.

I think he will end up running for President.

-john

Kirbs
11-07-2014, 02:18 AM
I had never heard of him, so I Googled him and listened to his speech from 2012. I am impressed! I'll need to find out more about him. The President was sitting right next to him and didn't show much reaction.....but I guess he couldn't cause he is the Pres.! The 1st Lady applauded him several times.

Thanks John for starting this thread because I never would have known who he was! Now I'll be on the watch for him in the news.

Kirbs
11-07-2014, 02:24 AM
I meant Yun for starting the thread and John for mentioning his name!

YSS
11-07-2014, 08:35 AM
I do remember Dr. Carson's speech and he may be a great man, but unfortunately, I don't think this country is ready for another black man in the oval office for a long time. I hope I am wrong.

Miss_Fish
11-07-2014, 12:24 PM
I do remember Dr. Carson's speech and he may be a great man, but unfortunately, I don't think this country is ready for another black man in the oval office for a long time. I hope I am wrong.

I doubt it would be hard for a black man to be president again, He would automatically get all the black votes just like Obama, and a bunch of other ethnicities would vote for Carson, so he shouldn't much trouble at all. No president since President Lyndon B. Johnson has ever gotten gotten more than 94% of the black vote except Obama and he only lost by one point on his second election, his first election he got 96% of the vote.

93% African-American vote for Obama, down 2 percentage points from 2008, although 96 percent of black women supported him.
My source for the quote and information presented.
http://www.blackyouthproject.com/2014/10/feature-black-voters-have-always-been-loyal-its-time-for-those-asking-for-our-vote-to-return-the-favor/

DiscusLoverJeff
11-07-2014, 12:27 PM

-john

Well said! Could not be any more truth to this statement. This country needs to stop the greed and focus back on the people who live here (legally that is).

ericNH
11-07-2014, 12:42 PM

-john

+1