PDA

View Full Version : Harold Beck

Emowillcox
11-23-2014, 09:18 AM
I'm down in the Houston area and just getting back into the hobby after about a 15 year break. Back then Harold Beck use to help me out, but I lost his contact info after college. Just wondering if anyone on here might know anything about Harold if he is still in the Houston area and still in the hobby?
Thanks, Mike

John_Nicholson
11-23-2014, 10:31 AM
I have not heard that name in a long time. I do not know anything about his current status.

-john

Emowillcox
11-23-2014, 03:08 PM
Hi John thanks for responding. Glad someone at least recognized Harold's name.
I got another name for you you probably haven't heard in a while either. Ever hear of Jack Watley? I still got his Handbook on Discus ;-)
When I was a young kid I called him in Florida and try to order some discus he obviously knew I was very young and inexperienced...so he gave me the number to Harold Beck's number… who lived not far from me.
I eventually became friends with Harold and he would invite me over to his house to see is discus. At that time Harold with getting a lot of fish trying to breed them to get certain strain of fish. Once I learned a little about what I was doing Harold starting to give me a few of his fish that he didn't want to use for breeding. After I got done with college I moved around a bit and lost contact with Harold that was back around 1994
Anyways maybe somebody would know if he was doing the fish anymore.

CliffsDiscus
11-23-2014, 03:47 PM
Are you talking about Harold the rocket scientist?

Cliff

Emowillcox
11-23-2014, 06:32 PM
He worked at NASA so yeah would say that is him

Emowillcox
11-27-2014, 12:52 AM
HI Cliff… any chance you know anything about Harold?
thanks, MIKE

CliffsDiscus
12-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Hi Mike,
Nothing recently.

Cliff