PDA

View Full Version : The (unexpected) Benefits of selling my fish locally

DonMD
11-27-2014, 07:31 AM
I am really enjoying selling baby discus here locally in the Washington D.C. metro area, there are so many very interesting people who respond and come to the house for fish.

One discus keeper, a very enthusiastic guy, came twice. He's the owner of "Fortune House" Sushi Restaurant in Burke, VA, by the name of Tang. I highly recommend his restaurant.

Let me tell you, HE KNOWS HIS FISH ! ! ! ! !

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-VJ9uFo0JWBc/VHcJOpmAxTI/AAAAAAAABqg/fMJu4Ba7lMg/w1077-h606-no/20141126_183301.jpg

He promised there was no "Discus sushi" on the plate! LOL! If you're in the area and you enjoy Japanese cuisine, you can't go wrong here. If you go, ask for Tang and show him some of your discus pics on your cell phone.

Keith Perkins
11-27-2014, 08:42 AM
Wow, what a beautiful plate. Thanks for recent restaurant suggestions you gave me while I was in Arlington as well. I hit a couple of them and they were both very good.

Second Hand Pat
11-27-2014, 08:46 AM
Nice Don :) and it is a beautiful plate.

kira ken
11-27-2014, 11:30 AM
yummy, fresh fish meat.

I will love to buy some your fish Don but im too far away (south America)

best,

DonMD
11-27-2014, 12:37 PM
Hi, Kira,

If I'm not mistaken, there are rivers in the Amazon basin side of Colombia where wild discus exist. Have you ever thought of trying to find a supplier there?

Discus-Hans
12-01-2014, 12:03 AM
Don,

why do YOU always get the good end of the deals???? lol

That looks YUMMY!!!!!!!!!

Hans

kira ken
12-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Hi, Kira,

If I'm not mistaken, there are rivers in the Amazon basin side of Colombia where wild discus exist. Have you ever thought of trying to find a supplier there?

hi Don

Ironically although my country has an affluent of the Amazon River and also has territorial boundaries with countries known for the good quality of their wild discus fishs like Brazil and Venezuela, for us in Colombia it is almost impossible to get good quality wild discus.

First, because most good quality discus caught in our territory and other south american countries goes directly to the United States and Europe markets, where you guys pay more for them. Second, because the animal laws here forbids us to import foreign animals, so legally it is almost impossible to get Heckels or tefes from Brazil.

Here we only get green common wild discus but they are usually in bad shape and poor conditions. what we usually do is get domestic discus from USA but we need to know the right people to avoid problems.

Best,

mikegaouette
12-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Don do you ship out within united states

DonMD
12-03-2014, 09:30 AM
Don do you ship out within united states

Yes, I'm shipping again via UPS for now. I'm shipping out a box tonight.

mikegaouette
12-03-2014, 11:46 AM
What would be the cost of two pidgeon bloods and two pf turquois marble shipped to , massachusettes includi g shipping thanx, and do tou have web page

mikegaouette
12-03-2014, 11:47 AM
3 inch size

DonMD
12-03-2014, 12:11 PM
What would be the cost of two pidgeon bloods and two pf turquois marble shipped to , massachusettes includi g shipping thanx, and do tou have web page

I'm sorry, I don't have any of those fish. Here's my original post on selling what I have: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?116801-Stendker-Tefe-x-Red-Turq-fry-ship-or-P-U-Fairfax-VA-2-inch-8-weeks-old.

Larry Grenier
12-03-2014, 02:29 PM
Hey Don, my discus I got from you doubled in size and seem to eat anything.

You scared me when you said you were selling discus to a guy who has a sushi place, knowhutahmean!

DonMD
12-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Hey Don, my discus I got from you doubled in size and seem to eat anything.

You scared me when you said you were selling discus to a guy who has a sushi place, knowhutahmean!

Larry, I'm very pleased to hear that, and I'm LMAO about the sushi! Hahaha.

SMB2
12-03-2014, 06:27 PM
I"m with Larry. How is Discus Sushi?
I'm not so far from Burke. Will have to give it a try...