PDA

View Full Version : Photo size limits

Miss_Fish
12-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Today I noticed a limit on the tapatalk app when attempting to upload my images from my phone to the computer. I used to be able to upload them directly from my phone, and now I have to try to decrease the size to 120K; which is actually very time consuming and it decreases the quality of the images thus making it pointless to even bother posting them. I know that I can host them on flicker, however there are a load of problems associated with free image hosting sites that I do not even want to bother with. This site goes into detail about the risks involved with using these free image hosting sites.
http://www.blogherald.com/2008/02/04/the-dangers-of-offloading-images/

Is there an easier solution that I am missing?

rickztahone
12-01-2014, 06:33 PM
are you referring to picture size in gallery?

If so, as a premium member you can enjoy more pixels (larger photos). You can upgrade your account and post larger pics if you'd like.

If you are interested, please view this link:

SimplyDiscus Premium Memberships (http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?104050)

I hope that helps.

Second Hand Pat
12-01-2014, 06:39 PM
That's about it, upload them directly to Simply or host your pictures on a online hosting site. You can also use Simply Photo Album feature but there are size limits.

and what Ricardo said :)

Miss_Fish
12-01-2014, 06:42 PM
are you referring to picture size in gallery?

If so, as a premium member you can enjoy more pixels (larger photos). You can upgrade your account and post larger pics if you'd like.

If you are interested, please view this link:

SimplyDiscus Premium Memberships (http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?104050)

I hope that helps.
Not exactly, normally when I post a thread I can click the paperclip and attach images from my cell phone without any issues. Now I am getting an error message saying I can't upload images over 120kb. I tried to decrease one of my images to 120kb in photoshop and it wouldn't even go that far down.

Miss_Fish
12-01-2014, 06:53 PM
That's about it, upload them directly to Simply or host your pictures on a online hosting site. You can also use Simply Photo Album feature but there are size limits.

and what Ricardo said :)

Ok thanks for the info! Sadly I am unable to dedicate the time to image upload here on the forum. I work full time, and go to college as well as raising my 10 year old daughter alone, so I just can't dedicate the extra time.

Second Hand Pat
12-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Ok thanks for the info! Sadly I am unable to dedicate the time to image upload here on the forum. I work full time, and go to college as well as raising my 10 year old daughter alone, so I just can't dedicate the extra time.

There's always video :)

Miss_Fish
12-02-2014, 12:22 AM
There's always video :)
Very true; this time I wanted to upload pictures of my vacation. I did take some video as well, its just not as good as the shots I got.

brewmaster15
12-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Not exactly, normally when I post a thread I can click the paperclip and attach images from my cell phone without any issues. Now I am getting an error message saying I can't upload images over 120kb. I tried to decrease one of my images to 120kb in photoshop and it wouldn't even go that far down.

Not sure where you are having a problem. We have not decreased the photo upload limits here in years. We have expanded them for premium members using the gallery, but we have not decreased them. We offer members Free photo uploads, but there is a limit to the pic size as unfortunately, storing images takes up Simplys database in a permanent fashion and takes up our bandwidth. For those seeking higher resolution pics, then offsite hosting is best, or sign up to get a premium membership and use the Gallery for some expanded benefits..

Hth,
al

Rudustin
12-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Hi Miss Fish, How was your vacation and how did your fish do while you were away? Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Rufus

Miss_Fish
12-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Not sure where you are having a problem. We have not decreased the photo upload limits here in years. We have expanded them for premium members using the gallert, but we have not decreased them. We offer members Free photo uploads, but there is a limit to the pic size as unfortunately, storing images takes up Simplys database in a permanent fashion and takes up our bandwidth. For those seeking higher resolution pics, then offsite hosting is best, or sign up to get a premium membership and use the Gallery for some expanded benefits..

Hth,
al
It must be a tapatalk issue then because it only started happening recently. It's not a big deal though I think I may have figured a way to host my pictures without losing my rights to my work.

Miss_Fish
12-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Hi Miss Fish, How was your vacation and how did your fish do while you were away? Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Rufus
My vacation was great and, the fish are excellent. In fact I have three pairs with eggs on one tank and one pair with eggs in the other. Lol!
How was your thanksgiving Rufus?

Rudustin
12-02-2014, 08:48 PM
My vacation was great and, the fish are excellent. In fact I have three pairs with eggs on one tank and one pair with eggs in the other. Lol!
How was your thanksgiving Rufus?
Good to hear that your fish were happy, healthy and spawning! The first time I decided to follow the no feeding while I was away principle I kept calling my housekeeper everyday and asking if any of the fish had died! My Thanksgiving was superb. Thirty five people and stopped counting at that point because another dozen showed up while a dozen or more left before desert. Take care. Rufus

Miss_Fish
12-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Good to hear that your fish were happy, healthy and spawning! The first time I decided to follow the no feeding while I was away principle I kept calling my housekeeper everyday and asking if any of the fish had died! My Thanksgiving was superb. Thirty five people and stopped counting at that point because another dozen showed up while a dozen or more left before desert. Take care. Rufus
Oh wow that sounds like a blast! My family is so spread out that we never have more than 10 tops. Glad your holiday was a good one. :)

Rudustin
12-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Oh wow that sounds like a blast! My family is so spread out that we never have more than 10 tops. Glad your holiday was a good one. :) I have no family to speak of so, my friends are my family. I also take in a lot strays. So many people cannot go home to their families here so I provide them with a feeling of having one on Thanksgiving day. Glad to hear that your fish were fine and that you too had a great holiday. Best Regards. Rufus

Miss_Fish
12-02-2014, 10:44 PM
I have no family to speak of so, my friends are my family. I also take in a lot strays. So many people cannot go home to their families here so I provide them with a feeling of having one on Thanksgiving day. Glad to hear that your fish were fine and that you too had a great holiday. Best Regards. Rufus
Awe that's so sweet of you! My family is unique as well. I was a foster child and they were my foster parents when I was abandoned by my mother. I didn't grow up with them because I was removed after 4 years; however they tracked me down as an adult, and they have been there for me ever since. I know what's it's like to not have family around; sounds like you figure out how to make it positive though :)

Rudustin
12-02-2014, 11:52 PM
How wonderful for you!!!! Yes I try. Each year it's gets bigger but of course I love it!

blueluv
12-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Awe that's so sweet of you! My family is unique as well. I was a foster child and they were my foster parents when I was abandoned by my mother. I didn't grow up with them because I was removed after 4 years; however they tracked me down as an adult, and they have been there for me ever since. I know what's it's like to not have family around; sounds like you figure out how to make it positive though :)

Wow! I didn't think anyone on here was a foster child. I too was a foster child from the age of 13 till I turned 22. Rufus thank you for what you do for others on thanksgiving. You're a kind soul