PDA

View Full Version : NASA's Orion Launched This Morning

Second Hand Pat
12-05-2014, 08:36 AM
NASA Orion's second launch attempt was successful this morning. Our next adventure in space begins. I could not see it from my front porch due to cloud cover but it still goes me goose bumps when NASA has a launch.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/195317-watch-nasas-orion-launch-live-video

Disgirl
12-05-2014, 08:59 AM
Wowie, so far so good, will be watching in a few hours as it comes back. You mean you can see launches from your porch? How fun! All we can see from ours are the USMC jets from the local base flying over our house.
Barb

Second Hand Pat
12-05-2014, 09:07 AM
I can Barb :D and have been able to most of my life. It was fun growing up on the Space Coast. I will be watching and waiting for splash down later today.

John_Nicholson
12-05-2014, 09:28 AM
I am ashamed to say that I have not kept up on it but I think anything having to do with space travel is cool. I have no doubt that watching a take off would be way cool.

-john

Second Hand Pat
12-05-2014, 09:55 AM
It is John even on tv. The Orion is the shuttle replacement and the intended vehicle to take us to Mars. It is also America's return to manned space flight. My husband worked on the Orion program before he retired and I have a bother-in-law who most likely helped to support the launch of the Delta 4 rocket which took to the Orion into orbit.

Ryan
12-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Pat, my cousin works on the Orion program. Small world. ;)

jsullins
12-05-2014, 01:28 PM
That would be way cool to be able to watch it from your fornt porch.

Second Hand Pat
12-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Pat, my cousin works on the Orion program. Small world. ;)

Cool Ryan, sometimes it is scary how small our world really is.

Second Hand Pat
12-05-2014, 01:40 PM
That would be way cool to be able to watch it from your fornt porch.

It is. We do have to wait until the rocket gets above the treeline. :D

Second Hand Pat
12-05-2014, 01:44 PM
The Orion had a perfect touchdown in the Pacific Ocean so America has a new space vehicle. :D:D

Here's a video of the launch this morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOHvCWCv5pk

Ardan
12-06-2014, 07:06 AM
It is very neat to see a new era in space begin. It will be slow due to finances, but sometimes that is better. I hope all goes well and safe throughout this new adventure. I am certain we will learn a lot and develop new things from this.

Ardan

rickztahone
12-06-2014, 01:51 PM
That is very cool Pat. I wish I could see launches from my backyard.

Second Hand Pat
12-06-2014, 01:59 PM
That is very cool Pat. I wish I could see launches from my backyard.

It is cool Ricardo and something I have been able to do my whole life except for the eight years we living in Co.