PDA

View Full Version : Tall Fish Tails/Tales! Got Any?

DISCUS STU
12-12-2014, 05:21 PM
My best is the one where I woke up one morning to find my Blue Faced Heckel gone from my 90 gal. Disappeared.

When I looked down at the white five gallon bucket on the floor in front of the tank, there it was alive and well. He (or she) had jumped out of the tank and right into the bucket!

Glad the bucket was also filled with RO water, lol. Back into the tank it went. No worse for wear. That'll teach me to keep the hood closed in the future.

True story.

It would be great to hear any other Amazing Tails.

Kirbs
12-13-2014, 03:41 AM
How lucky is that!!!!! Do you think he could do that twice?

DISCUS STU
12-15-2014, 12:11 PM
I'm not sure. He/she seems to be a very talented fish! It was truly amazing.

adapted
12-15-2014, 05:03 PM
On the other end of the spectrum I read about a guy who kept discus and, in a separate tank nearby, a good size snakehead. Wife finds the snakehead flopping on the floor one afternoon and tosses it back in the tank. But not the right tank. All eight gone in a few minutes. This may be apocryphal, but it's no more unlikely than having one of your discus cliff dive into a waiting RO bucket.

gunnerschh2
12-15-2014, 05:42 PM
Sitting in front of tank,blue lites on,room dark,couple of brewskies in me. I see two discus acting strange so i get up real close & i see a feamale laying eggs on the front of hte glass & the male folowing behind her a good 50-75 eggs.next morning they were gone. What a site right on the front glass. I'm now on the wagon!!!!! Harry