PDA

View Full Version : question?

windalyn
12-15-2014, 08:00 PM
My breeding pair have a new set of eggs today, yet they are still feeding and caring for the current fry. Do I have to worry about them killing off the first set of fry once these new eggs hatch? I completely didn't expect them to lay eggs again so fast!

-Amy

nc0gnet0
12-15-2014, 10:29 PM
Yes you do, and there is nothing you can do about it, so sit back and let nature run it's course.

Rod
12-16-2014, 03:44 PM
I would remove the new eggs.

CliffsDiscus
12-16-2014, 03:52 PM
I would do both remove the eggs and remove the fry from the parents. The fry look like they are already a week old ready for some BBS.

Cliff

nc0gnet0
12-16-2014, 07:32 PM
With all due respect of the above posters :) The reason I answered the question the way I did is I remember your previous post. In that post you had this pictures:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/windalyn/discuswithbabies_zpsfe11b3ae.jpeg

the problem here is it appears to be a very small batch of fry, and in cases such as this, the pair will almost always continue to spawn. IMO, your much better off letting them go ahead and do so, and hopefully get a larger batch to work with.

Rod
12-18-2014, 03:59 PM
True Rick. But i like to break the cycle of respawning and force the pair to concentrate on the babies they already have, even if it is just a few.

Another thought could be to seperate the pairs, one parent with the fry, the other with the eggs!