PDA

View Full Version : Discus Pairing - Pigeon Snakeskin

DDD
01-13-2015, 06:42 AM
hiya, I want to breed Pigeon snakeskin discus, but the problem is I only got one which is a female. It is very hard to find another with the same strain. Does anyone know what is the most desirable strain to pair with Pigeon snakeskin? I have a pigeon checkerboard, a white butterfly and an albino white butterfly. Thank you! :o:)

John_Nicholson
01-13-2015, 09:35 AM
Where do you live?

-john

DDD
01-14-2015, 12:30 AM
New Zealand :-)

John_Nicholson
01-14-2015, 09:29 AM
Any of the 3 will work but I would lean towards the checkerboard if all 3 are of the same quality.

-john

DDD
01-15-2015, 03:19 AM
Thanks John! I have heard Pigeon blood need to breed with pigeon blood, otherwise it will have a lot of peppers. Do you know if white butterfly is a pigeon blood? I am just the beginner...don't know many things in discus. Cheers.

John_Nicholson
01-15-2015, 09:30 AM
The trouble in the discus world is that importers and breeders often make up names to sell fish. Also some will cross different strains and then just sell the baby as whatever they appear to be. My guess is it is PB but it is only an educated guess.

-john

DDD
01-16-2015, 06:12 AM
You are right John! There are so many different names that made me very confused. Thank you for your help :-) Are you a breeder?

John_Nicholson
01-16-2015, 09:25 AM
I do raise a few here and there....LOL.

-john

dmheric
03-05-2015, 01:56 AM
hiya, I want to breed Pigeon snakeskin discus, but the problem is I only got one which is a female. It is very hard to find another with the same strain. Does anyone know what is the most desirable strain to pair with Pigeon snakeskin? I have a pigeon checkerboard, a white butterfly and an albino white butterfly. Thank you! :o:)

Have you tried contacting Discus Hans in Baltimore. He had Pigeon Snakeskin pairs for sale at one time. Saw them on YouTube.