PDA

View Full Version : Change In Appetite

gardengoats
01-13-2015, 11:18 AM
I have had my discus for 2 weeks today. They are about 3.5" in size. It took them about 3 days for all of them to begin eating well. For the past 3 days they haven't been eating well or as agressively as they have been. I haven't noticed any sign of disease or acting abnormal. They are being fed Cobalt discus flakes, Omega 1 Kelp flakes, a Color Flake, and Freeze dried bloodworms. I rotate through the feeds always giving the bloodworm as the last feeding of the day since they seem to like them the best. I will be doing the next 50% WC in the next day or 2. Should I be concerned about the observed lack of appetite?

John_Nicholson
01-13-2015, 11:23 AM
I would say start doing 50% WC's a day and watch what happens to their health (appetite).

-john

DISCUS STU
01-13-2015, 11:50 AM
I will be doing the next 50% WC in the next day or 2. Should I be concerned about the observed lack of appetite?

Only if they continue to have the same issue after the 50% wc's.

limige
01-14-2015, 05:35 AM
wheres your water temp at?

often with new fish I will crank the temp up to speed their metabolism and get them to eat well. a little salt helps too!

gardengoats
01-14-2015, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the responses.

Temp was 86. At the last water change I dropped it to 84. Last night and this morning their appetites were back to what they were. Even the one that had been more submissive during feeding was out racing to get food before the others got it. Will keep observing and come back to you all, SD, when I notice changes that concern me.

Again thanks for taking the time to respond.

Gary